|Location||15100 66A Ave, Surrey, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2023|
Head of Schools – Regent Christian Academy
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Regent Christian Academy
Regent Christian Academy is seeking an entrepreneurial and collaborative strategic leader to lead both their campus and online school as Head of Schools.
The Head of Schools for Regent Christian Academy (RCA) and Regent Christian Online Academy (RCOA) will report directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors or his designate(s). Though much of the work is delegated, the Head of Schools is responsible for all day to day aspects of the schools, board relations, curriculum, administration and the long-term success of the schools. They are responsible for the understanding and implementation of the school’s mission and values and will work to create a Christ-centered, innovative and harmonious learning environment. They will lead the school in institutional advancement and development in the areas of Christian education, fundraising, student recruitment/marketing and public relations. They will also work closely with the board, committees and the community at large in the realm of Christian education.
If you are an executive leader with a passion for Christian education and a skillset in public relations and administration, we would love to connect with you.
QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Preference to possessing a Master of Education or post-graduate degree in a related field.
- Preference to proven experience as a Head of School of a Christian School or similar role.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a Board of Directors.
- Leadership – leads by example, models professionalism, integrity, critical thinking/decision-making, makes tough decisions when called upon and builds trusting relationships.
- Collaborative Team Building – a proven ability to work collaboratively, and can effectively build and lead healthy and successful teams.
- Strategic Thinking and Execution – a proven ability to analyze an organization’s current situation, identify opportunities, impacts, develop a strategic plan including objectives and initiatives, and successfully execute.
- Interpersonal Skills – has high emotional intelligence, able to build trusting relationships, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Educational Innovation – a proven ability to identify and develop, sponsor or support the introduction of new and improved programs, teaching methods, procedures or technologies to advance the school’s purpose.
- Entrepreneurial – must be resilient, confident, innovative and self-motivated.
Regent opened its doors in 1978, when God spoke clearly to the pastors and leaders of Bible Fellowship Church (now Horizon Church) that He wanted a place where He could be free to touch hearts and lives. God wanted a school where His Word would always be lifted high, and where worship and His presence would be a way of life. With the help of Bible Fellowship’s then pastor, Kirk Duncan, a school for Kindergarten through Grade 12 was started in the basement of the church; then located on 104th Avenue near the Trans-Canada Highway.
Bible Fellowship Academy opened with almost 70 students, four teachers and a handful of helpers. There was no gym, no laboratories and no playground – only a group of people whose common desire was to follow God’s leading. Today, Regent Christian Academy not only boasts a new name, but computer and science labs, a full-sized gym and 39 acres of land. Our enrollment has reached 725 and continues to climb.
In 1991, RCA opened an International School which today serves 125 students from various countries around the world. Our BC certified teachers have experience with welcoming new international students into their classrooms.
The growth continued in 2006 with the introduction of Regent Christian Online Academy. With a student body of over 1200, RCOA provides distance and home learning for families around the world. Regent also supports developing Christian schools within British Columbia.
Though much has changed over the years, the vision of the school remains the same as when it was started forty-five years ago. There is a desire among the staff and administrators of Regent Christian Academy to foster an environment where the Holy Spirit can touch and change lives, and equip young people to serve their communities with the love of Jesus. With God’s help, we will continue to do so for years to come.
Location: Surrey, BC
Application Deadline: open until a suitable candidate is found
Start Date: TBD
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Regent – Head of Schools” in the subject line.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.