Housekeeping Assistant Manager – Seasonal
|Date Posted||March 1, 2023|
The Housekeeping Assistant Manager will assist the Housekeeping Manager in performing all housekeeping duties as well as providing leadership and supervision to the Housekeeping Team. In addition to all supervisory duties the Housekeeping Assistant Manager will ensure that all accommodations and indoor facilities remain clean and ready for use. You will be responsible for cleaning rooms and common areas, disposing of trash, changing beds, cleaning washrooms, cleaning Porta-Potties and showers, and doing laundry on a daily basis. You should be able to lift
25 pounds and have an eye for cleanliness.
Housekeeping Assistant Manager Responsibilities
• Ensure all indoor & outdoor public facilities are clean and acceptable for public use
• Ensure all accommodations are clean and ready for the arrival of guests
• Clean (vacuum, sweep and mop floors), prepare, and inspect all accommodations and indoor & outdoor facilities
• Clean and stock restrooms & porta-potties
• Collect and dispose of trash
• Assist guests when necessary
• Keep linen room stocked
• Clean up spills with appropriate equipment
• Properly clean upholstered furniture
• Ensure all appropriate workplace regulations and legislation regarding health and safety, accommodation standards, and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
• Notify supervisor of necessary repairs
• Ensure that safe work practices are being followed
• Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards
• Participate in site and workplace inspections
• Provide supervision to housekeeping team in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager
• Cooperation - Work with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
• Work well with a wide range of individuals to contribute to a team environment
• Accountability - Take ownership of personal workload
• Adaptability - Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
• Time Management - Balance a myriad of tasks; prioritize duties as needed.
• Conflict Management - Foresee potential conflict and take preventative steps. Handle conflict when it arises; assist with resolution or determining solutions.
• Decision Making - Make concrete, well-informed decisions that support the overall organization. Have the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
• Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards.
• Attention to Detail - Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
• Communication - Express and transmit information with consistency and clarity.
• Ability to adhere to and abide by the Statements of Faith of the Free Methodist Church in Canada while on duty and/ore representing Wesley Acres
• Ability to promote the Christian mission of Wesley Acres through words and actions while on duty and/or representing Wesley Acres.
• Experience in the housekeeping industry preferred
• Work well unsupervised
• Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
• Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with guests
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including standing, for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions including hot rooms in the middle of summer
• Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large
• Physically demanding tasks, standing and moving for long periods of time
How To Apply:
Apply online at www.wesleyacres.com/employment