Interim Children’s Ministry Director – Maternity Leave
|Location||775 Progress Avenue, Kingston, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2023|
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Interim Children’s Ministry Director promotes discipleship and evangelism to member and adherent families, specifically children from Nursery to Grade 5. This will be achieved through the implementation of the Sunday morning children’s program and a summer program offered to the church and community, as well as special events throughout the year.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee programming for the spiritual formation of children (nursery to grade 5).
- Implement curriculum for all children’s programs.
- Apply Bay Park’s vision and mission to allow kids to know Jesus and grow in Christ-like character.
- Recruit, develop, and maintain a dynamic leadership team of volunteers by providing resources and training.
- Provide leadership, support, and oversight to all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Maintain and implement policies for the safety and security of children, including Plan to Protect training and ensuring all volunteers have a valid Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
- Equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children (Parenting Conference, Monthly Newsletters, etc.)
- Use effective modes of communication designed to keep families engaged and informed of current learning, programs and opportunities.
- Encourage parents and children to community outreach and gospel influence.
- Engage the congregation in intergenerational discipleship and fellowship.
- Other duties as assigned. (Weekly Bible Story with BPCC, Outreach Event Planning, etc.)
RELATIONSHIP AND SUPPORT:
The Interim Director will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will work in cooperation with the leadership team. All volunteers involved in any of the children’s ministries will report to the Interim Children’s Ministry Director through regular communication and check-ins.
- Full Time Temporary Position
- 35 hours per week; 5 days per week.
- Dates: June 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024
- Office hours are to be determined by the church leadership, in consultation with the successful candidate.
- The position requires attendance at Sunday morning services, special children’s events, as well as regularly scheduled weekly staff meetings.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Meet the biblical qualifications of character and life as outlined in Titus 1.
- Be skilled in administration and organization.
- Post-secondary education, preferably a degree/diploma in children’s ministry, religious education, and/or teaching.
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to build, lead and equip a volunteer team.
- Experience working with and teaching children.
- Experience working with parents/adults.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficient using current technology and communication tools, including video editing.
- Must have a current CPIC on file and have completed the Plan To Protect training program.
In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Elder Mentor, the Children’s Ministry Director will execute a yearly children’s ministry budget. The Senior Pastor and/or the Elder Mentor will have signing authority only.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com