|Date Posted||January 6, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a full-time, 18 month contract Interim Housing Manager to support our Housing Services (a 26 unit Transitional Facility and Housing Search Support Services) as we work to achieve our ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the Toronto Social Housing Sector, enjoys working with a diverse team, demonstrates excellence in problem solving and has financial management skills.
- Effectively manage all day to day operations of Genesis Place (26 unit Transitional Housing) and Housing Support Services (housing search and retention services for non-tenants
- Develop and implement the departments’ annual operational plans and budgets, ensuring an inclusive process and plans that are aligned with the organization’s strategic plan
- Ensure that accurate and timely program records, budgets, statistics and reports are maintained, including keeping accurate data on file of tenants
- Maintain strong, positive and effective communications with government funders and the Genesis Place Board
- Administer and update YSM policies and procedures as necessary
- Ensure the safety and security of the building and tenants of Genesis Place
- Supervise staff, student placements and volunteers training, supporting and encouraging them to reach their full potential in the performance of their duties
- Oversee and implement Transitional Housing Policies and Program with a focus on building tenant stability and housing stabilization
- Oversee staff management of housing support services and tenant caseload, assisting staff in problem solving and program development, applying disciplinary measures towards tenants when necessary
- Attend meetings and forums in the Housing Sector building effective networks and staying engaged with Toronto’s Housing Strategy
- Participate in YSM visioning for future Housing development
- Be trained and informed on current RGI Administration and ensure Genesis Place is following due process for rental management
- BA/BSW/BSc or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred
- Five years experience in housing management preferably with supportive and/or alternative housing
- Five years experience staff supervision in a multi-staff team setting including recruitment, training, evaluation and performance management
- Demonstrated experience managing large and complex budgets
- Knowledge of housing management legislation and relevant Government policy
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and manage risk with training in Crisis Management
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities with internal and external teams, and community partners
- Effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility in hours, including availability for evening and weekend work as required
- A Police Record Check is required; Certificate in First Aid an asset
- A demonstrated commitment to the faith, values and mission of YSM.
Deadline for Application: Until Position Is Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/153
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: January 6, 2023