|Date Posted||November 27, 2021|
Elgin Missionary Church is seeking an experienced Lead Pastor who loves Jesus and loves people. They are looking to find someone who will help to restore a sense of community to the church family. A successful candidate will be gifted in evangelism and leadership; who will equip and empower them to reach into their community. There are a number of churches in Stratford and surrounding areas. Their desire is not to draw on fellow churches and recycle sheep. They want to carry the love of Christ to their un-churched neighbours and, in turn, have them come to Jesus.
A successful candidate will:
- have a passion for the Word of God, the love of God, and all people;
- have a number of years of experience in church or para-church ministry;
- have at least an MDiv Pastoral Studies or similar degree (relevant undergraduate degrees will be considered provided there is substantial relevant work and life experience.);
- be very familiar with and an agreement with conservative evangelical theology and the theology of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada;
- share with us your basic philosophy of Christian ministry.