|Location||450 Mathers, West Vancouver, Canada|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2022|
West Vancouver Baptist Church is proud of our long, Christ-centered history and are now looking forward to our next chapter: serving our large, mostly unchurched community with fresh approaches to worship, teaching and other ministries. Our loving, compassionate and deeply committed congregation is seeking a very special pastor to lead us in this endeavor. You’ll have the requisite preaching and teaching credentials, but these will need to be supplemented with a warm, outgoing and inspiring approach to your work. An evangelistic flair is a must. This is a very rare opportunity for an early career stage pastor [and spouse] to make a real impact. Email: email@example.com
Pastoral profile will be sent upon request. See full details at www.westvanbaptist.com
West Vancouver Baptist Church seeks a collaborative Lead Pastor who will join, facilitate, and equip us to continue consolidating and realizing our Vision.
We recognize the responsibilities in this description are very broad and cannot all be done by one person alone. The successful candidate will be expected to extend his/her reach by bringing alongside, and delegating to, others with complementary abilities.
- Collaborative leadership style
- Enjoys working with people and equipping them for ministry.
- Recognize that they cannot ‘do it all’ but can empower others to fill in the gaps
- Demonstrates a self-disciplined life with the ability to practice appropriate self-care, manage time well, and to follow through and get things done
- Has a personal relationship with God / Jesus and not afraid to be a public witness to others
- A love for people and the ability to develop relationships
- A clear sense of a calling to pastoral leadership and ministry
- Ability to uphold biblical truths
- Able to handle power and conflict in a way that builds and encourages the Body
- Leads through people – empowering others and delegating authority as needed.
- Is committed to keeping prayer at the forefront.
- Is a gifted communicator.
- Has a proven track record of leading, empowering, and overseeing church staff / teams in church ministries.
- Is able to handle power and conflict in a way that builds and encourages the Body.
- Ability to work and develop our outreach to a multi – diverse community