|Location||291 Dundas Street West, Napanee, Canada|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2023|
Position Title: Pastor
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Napanee Baptist Church,
The Pastor will serve along with the other Elders of the church as a spiritual leader of the congregation. This individual will provide pastoral care, guidance, and leadership to the congregation in accordance with the church’s faith and doctrine. The Pastor will work closely with church leadership to develop and implement initiatives that promote spiritual growth and engagement.
- Provide pastoral care and counselling to members of the congregation.
- Teach and preach the Word of God with accuracy, clarity, and relevance to everyday life.
- Administer and perform the ordinances of baptism and communion as well as other Christian ceremonies such as weddings and funerals.
- To work in a team environment to provide leadership and guidance along with the Elders of the church.
- To identify outreach opportunities in our church and community.
- Identify gifts and provide avenues where parishioners can become ministry partners to take advantage of the outreach opportunities.
- Develop and implement initiatives that promote spiritual growth and engagement.
- Encourage members of the congregation to deepen their relationships with God and one another.
- Provide oversight for church operations and facilities along with appropriate leadership.
- Attend and participate in meetings with church leadership and committees.
- Maintain a regular schedule of office hours and be available to members of the congregation as needed (minimum 40 hours per week).
- Take sufficient holidays and time away to maintain a healthy family life and personal life.
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Satisfy the biblical qualifications of an Elder: 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A deep commitment to the church’s faith and doctrine (a person who teaches and exemplifies Reformed Theology and the doctrines of God’s Sovereign Grace).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with church leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others.
- At least 3 years Lay leadership in their home church as well as Pastoral and other leadership experience in a conservative, evangelical church (Preferred).
- Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) or Master of Divinity (MDIV) (Preferred).
- Pastor’s wife should have a heart for ministry and support her husband as he leads the church along with the Elders.
- Have a Church Planter mentality.
- Be well-versed in social media so they can provide oversight to our online ministries.
The compensation package for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. This package will include a salary, healthcare benefits, housing allowance, car allowance, and vacation time.