|December 19, 2023
Lead Pastor – Wellspring Church
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Wellspring Church
Wellspring Church is seeking a new Lead Pastor to join a growing, Spirit-led congregation.
The Lead Pastor will provide pastoral and organizational leadership for the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the church, giving special emphasis to staff, the Board of Elders, and teaching and preaching. Accountable to the Board of Elders, the Lead Pastor will serve to grow the heart, values and vision of the church; specifically as it relates to developing strategic plans to carry out the church’s discerned vision. The Lead Pastor will also foster and facilitate the growth of the church’s relational and spiritual health.
If you are a pastoral leader with a passion for teaching and equipping a congregation, we would love to connect with you!
WHO WE ARE
Wellspring Church is a Bible-based, inter-generational, community-minded church. A community of people being changed by an encounter with Jesus and the love of God. Wherever you are on the journey of faith - curious, skeptical or all-in - Wellspring is a place you can move closer to Christ, together.
We are a part of a larger family of churches called the Christian & Missionary Alliance (CMA). The Alliance has been a growing movement of churches since the 1880s. We are people committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a group of more than 430 local churches in Canada and we engage in justice and compassion work in Canada and around the globe. We long to be a movement of churches transformed by Christ; transforming Canada and the world. We recognize the authority of the Bible in everything we do, and our thirst is to love God with everything we have - our hearts, souls and minds - and to love people as we love ourselves.
To be a Christ-centred, Spirit-filled church focused on expanding God’s kingdom in the world.
Our vision as a church is to pursue a deep life in Christ. Like a tree that is planted by a stream of water, we desire to be a church that is nurtured by a constant flow of the Holy Spirit's presence and work causing us to be a church that is full of spiritual life and evidence of God's presence.
Spirit-led - We value the prompting, leading and gifting of the Holy Spirit to minister in God's power.
Relationship - We value strong relationships and growing in loving community.
Transformation - We value lifelong discipleship in God's Word, seeking a changed heart, and seeking a transformed life.
Mission - We value living sacrificially to reach others with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology/biblical studies. Master’s, preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in church ministry.
- Demonstrated success leading multiple staff within a growing church.
- Gifted in biblical preaching/teaching with a mature understanding of the scriptures.
- A strategic thinker with an ability to collaborate to develop strategic plans.
- A clear communicator, effective delegator and a builder of strong relationships.
- Fully aligned with the vision, mission and values of Wellspring Church.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics of the CMA in Canada.
- Ordained or able to be ordained within the CMA in Canada.
- A passionate missional heart and related experience in missions/outreach.
- Able to engage newcomers while enriching the faith life of current congregants.
- Experience working in a multicultural, multigenerational setting is preferred.
- Able to collaborate with and report to a committed Board of Elders.
- Developing people.
- Heart for people.
- Biblical knowledge.
- Preaching and teaching.
- Humility and authenticity.
- Relationship building.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Conflict management.
- Planning and organizing.
- Strategic thinking.
Location: Burlington, ON
Application Deadline: February 28, 2024
Start Date: TBD
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
APPLY online at nelsonandkraft.com/jobs with your cover letter and resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.