Lead Pastor Position
|Location||High Level, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2023|
High Level Evangelical Free Church - Lead Pastor Position
High Level Evangelical Church is a community that has a strong desire to make disciples and reach out to the lost with the gospel. We are located in a scenic area with a forest on the doorstep of our church building! We are a young congregation, 85% of which are under the age of fifty, which makes ministry to families a high priority.
We are looking forward to the next chapter that God has in store for us and are excited to bring on a new Lead Pastor. We are open to new grads, experienced pastors, or any local residents that are considering a vocational shift. If you enjoy a team setting, we are exploring the potential of hiring an associate after you have come aboard. At HLEC, we care deeply about making this a great environment for our pastoral staff. Here are some ways we ensure we are creating a healthy culture for our pastor:
- Growth: development budget for our pastor /// mentorship & networking opportunities through our denomination /// support further education
- Support: we have a highly engaged board & a strong volunteer base /// this support will ensure you have a balanced workload/schedule
- Well Being: we require you to take 2 days off per week /// time for for seminars, retreats, conferences on an annual basis /// strong compensation package /// paid t/o
The Location: High Level, while fairly remote, attracts a young population. Most of the 3,000+ residents are under the age of 55, so there are many young families. Farming, the lumber industry and trades employ many residents. Surrounding the town are many First Nation Reserves. The church supports a number of persons and organizations that minister to local First Nations communities. We desire to be a light to our community!
- Oversee the Preaching and Teaching Ministry of the Church (60%) | preaches Sundays as scheduled, develops a preaching schedule, teaches studies/classes as needed, oversees baptism, membership, and the observance of communion
- Member Care (20%) | prays regularly for members and the ministry, available for counselling as able, oversees weddings/funerals, and guides church members and non-residents members in a biblical fashion
- Responsibilities to the Board (20%) | board meetings, ministry planning, and reporting
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply here https://www.careers-page.com/simple-hires/job/QY33X9Y5
Church Website & Further Info: http://hlec.org/lead-pastor-advertisement/lead-pastor-employment-opportunity
Address: 9802 88 Street High Level, AB