|Location||175 Holiday Inn Dr, Cambridge, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 3, 2021|
Position Reports To: VP of Academics
This position has three main responsibilities:
- As Library Director, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the library. This individual will also establish and oversee all policies and procedures related to the library, as well as recruit, supervise, schedule, and evaluate all library staff.
- Oversee library operations
- Establish policies and procedures related to library operations
- Acquire, catalogue, and organize all library resources
- Purchase resources in accordance with the collection development policy
- Produce monthly reports to evaluate the library’s performance
- Update and distribute Survivor’s Secrets
- Oversee the library’s budget and all expenditure
- Implement and foster a welcoming and relaxed learning environment, ensuring exceptional information and customer service
- Actively engage in Library layout and design for optimal function and study
- As Learning Centre Director, the candidate will be responsible for initiating and coordinating information seminars and academic tutorials. Additionally, this individual recruits and trains tutors to participate in delivering valuable student services, as well as maintains an environment that is conducive to tutoring and learning.
- Promote Learning Centre as a tutorial resource for students
- Plan and coordinate tutoring sessions for students
- Recruit and schedule tutors to provide exceptional student support in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with Academic Deans to ensure that the Learning Centre achieves its objectives and responds to needs as they arise
- Maintain an environment that is conducive to effective tutoring and learning
- As Institutional Assessment Director, the candidate will manage all the necessary organizing, reporting, compiling, and writing of the self-study reports for ABHE and ATS.
- Identify necessary methods of assessment to ensure that they have been completed adequately.
- Gather data and interpret it as it pertains to the standards of accreditation.
- Coordinate the completion of the assessment plans from the various departments and collate them into a cohesive and presentable format
- Identify areas of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities so that the administrative staff and faculty can make decisions about the future of the institution
- Write and assemble a complete and comprehensive self-study document to the pre-determined ABHE and ATS standards
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
Direct Reports: 2 - 4
Non-Direct Reports: 0
- Completion of a Master of Library Service Degree
- Experience working in a library, including records management
- Good personal skills
- Leadership/managerial experience
- Biblical/theological education an asset
- Ability to write compelling reports at a university level
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service