|Location||Three Hills, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 13, 2022|
Maintenance Technician Position
Hours: 1.0 FTE
Wage: To scale with benefits
Beginning date: January 2022
Contact: Nicolle Ioanidis
Email: Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prairie’s mission is “to establish God’s kingdom by equipping and mentoring individuals through biblically integrated education for life and careers that will meet the greatest needs of the world.”
The Maintenance Technician position exists to support Prairie’s mission, by serving, and modelling service to, those who work at and attend the school. This position strives to create a comfortable learning environment so that students can focus on their growth in Christ and knowledge of the Scriptures, and so Faculty can help them unhindered.
Maintenance Technicians apply established standards and methods to the maintenance and repair of structures, equipment, and grounds, according to Alberta Provincial Codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General responsibilities include but are not limited to those noted below. The description may be adjusted according to the experience, skills and passions of the successful candidate.
- Learn the ins and outs of all heating and plumbing systems with a focus on maintaining them
- Facility Maintenance (General Maintenance)
- Minor electrical repairs
- Assist other Maintenance Techs as needed
- Assist with setting up for Campus events
- On-call one to two weeks per month
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Unreserved commitment to Prairie’s Mission, doctrinal position, and standards
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Be a team player
- Preferred experience with HVAC systems, any other certification recognized by the HVAC industry
- Assets: Carpentry, plumbing, welding, and mechanic experience, trade ticket and individuals looking to make a long term commitment to Prairie
- Must have an attitude of safety
- Active involvement in local church
- Biblical education is preferred but not required
- Commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, doctrinal statement and standards as outlined for all employees in the Employee Handbook
- Class 5 Power Engineering Certificate, or prepared to obtain as soon as possible after commencing the position
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Experience in diverse areas of facility maintenance
- Must be willing and able to be on-call on weekends/holidays as requested
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Reports to the Operations Manager
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference will be given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada.
Prairie’s goal is to complete as soon as a qualified applicant is found. However, applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person.