|Date Posted||March 13, 2020|
Position: Manager Cafeteria and Food Services
Reports to: Dean Student Services
Date: March 2020
Approvals: VP Operations & Human Resources
Job Close Date: Open until filled
This is a school year full time staff position that will support Heritage as Manager Cafeteria and Food Services. The Manager Cafeteria and Food Services is accountable for the day to day operations of the cafeteria. This includes planning, preparing, and serving nutritious meals as well as the administration of ordering food and supplies, maintaining equipment, and supervising staff. The Manager Cafeteria and Food Services will ensure that operations meet all legislative food safety regulations and provide excellence in customer service. Consecutively, they will be available and or responsible for all food service requirements of conference booking at Heritage. This position entails food prep, cleaning, proper food handling and storage, ordering, customer service, and general hospitality requirements/needs.
- Provide overall day to day management for the cafeteria operations and the staff.
- Plan and prepare for regular meals as per student Meal Plan, as well as for special events throughout the year.
- Plan, organize, assign, and supervise the work of the staff engaged in food preparation and service.
- Maintain high standards of quality of food safety to ensure that we meet or exceed the Ministry of Health requirements.
- Develop, create, and prepare homestyle menu offerings/rotation according to sound dietary principles.
- Review/monitor current inventory and purchase food supplies as required by anticipating volume.
- Maintain acceptable levels of inventory in beverage machines to capture impulse sales and order accordingly.
- Make available and actively merchandise food items/products for sales increase.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services to achieve exceptional student experience ranking in Cafeteria. (98%+ Great Survey)
- Assign and train personnel and determine work schedules.
- Provide food and exceptional customer service education for student workers assigned to the cafeteria.
- Keep a schedule for the maintenance of equipment and appliances in the cafeteria.
- Responsible for ongoing people management activities, including recruiting, performance management, and setting performance objectives.
- Recruit and train all Cafeteria personnel,
- Coach, train, and inspire staff to grow and develop their skills for current and future potential.
- Recruit and train individual to serve as assistant to manager Cafeteria and Food Services.
- Implement and maintain exceptional housekeeping practices in both Kitchen and Cafeteria for above average cleanliness.
- Meet with Student Services on a regular basis to collaborate and support Student Service initiatives,
- Must be a born-again Christian
- Excellent organizational, planning, self-motivation, accountability, and evaluation skills are essential
- Aptitude for cooking and kitchen work
- Experience in cooking/catering - teachable
- Affinity and enthusiastic commitment to the mission of Heritage required
- Able to work irregular hours, some evenings and occasional weekend
- Team player
The individual must be certified in food safety and have training and experience as a chef in a food services or restaurant setting, including a thorough knowledge of institutional or commercial food service management procedures and practices. The individual must have considerable knowledge of health and safety requirements applicable to a food service operation, as well as proven staff leadership and development abilities. Must be able to cook and provide food service for up to 150 people.
Vice President – Operations & Human Resources
Heritage College & Seminary
175 Holiday Inn Drive
Cambridge, ON N3C 3T2