|Date Posted||September 20, 2023|
Since 1896, Yonge Street Mission (YSM) has worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs to offer wrap-around support through comprehensive, holistic programs and services. We develop pathways which enable street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from merely surviving to thriving.
YSM is a vibrant, Christian non-profit which is leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for diverse staff who align with Yonge Street Mission’s culture: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and the promise of a supportive and collaborative community of colleagues, and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you!
What We Offer:
As a YSM member of staff, you can look forward to a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment which places a high value on staff mental health and wellbeing; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, adults, families and the community.
Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and other benefits and perks.
We are looking for a strongly skilled and passionate communications professional with experience in the charitable/not-for-profit sector, to design and execute an annual donor-focused communications plan, working collaboratively and in close alignment with the Director, Development & Communications.
- Enthusiastically and authentically develop communication messages and materials in support of Annual Giving fundraising and donor stewardship initiatives, including strategizing concepts, identifying key themes, messages, target audiences and delivery channels, and facilitating needed input and approvals from colleagues, culminating in well-managed production and fulfillment/deployment.
- Contribute to identifying viable story subjects, conducting interviews and synthesizing information to create donor-focused content in various styles – for YSM’s donor communications, website, newsletters and more. In your commitment to evolving and leveraging inspiring stories of impact, you are mindful of the privacy and duty of care owed to the vulnerable populations and community members YSM serves, and are open to cultivating a mindful, trauma-informed approach to sharing and telling stories.
- Champion planning, writing and delivering electronic fundraising and communications efforts, whether appeals, stewardship messages or impact reporting, via Constant Contact, and occasionally MailChimp, using established templates, ensuring proper set-up of related donation pages, when needed, and undertaking regular email performance tracking and analytics.
- Strategize and draft content updates when needed pertaining to fundraising / donor-focused areas of YSM’s website, to ensure accurate up to date presentation of fundraising opportunities, and ways to give, in support of YSM’s development initiatives and channels.
- Develop internal relationships to enable access to and integration of information about YSM’s over 100 programs and services into Philanthropy’s fundraising and communications initiatives, ensuring accurate representation of our programs, and demonstrating their notable life-changing impact.
- Develop and manage Annual Giving Communications, including the associated expense budget and managing the day to day work and contribution of one direct report supporting Communications and online giving.
- Participate as an active member of YSM's Management Group (YMG), serving as one of a number of Philanthropy representatives, and participating in organizational projects and initiatives designed to strengthen YSM’s culture and our overall work as an organization.
The successful candidate should offer the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated faith alignment with YSM’s Articles of Faith, and a personal commitment to the principles of the organization’s mission and values
- Superlative writing and communication skills, with strong ability to inspire and motivate donors in response to calls to action, and reflective of a well-evolved understanding of correct grammar and syntax
- A high level of attention to detail, partnered with experience in creating strategic business plans to advance Philanthropy goals, YSM’s work and our organizational strategic vision
- Strong relationship building skills, with demonstrated commitment to meaningful, productive and respectful collaborations with colleagues and stakeholders of all backgrounds
- Well evolved project management, time management and problem solving skills, and the ability to reprioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment
- 4-5+ years working in the non-for-profit sector, with experience in one or more comparable roles
- University degree or college diploma in Communications / Fundraising / Humanities
- Discerning judgment, integrity, and a strong respect for donors and their privacy
- An evolved proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ideally paired with experience using email deployment systems such as Constant Contact and / or MailChimp
- A police check will be required.
Only applications which include a cover letter and a resumé, ideally also with salary expectations, will be considered.
Deadline For Applications: October 6, 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/222
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: September 20, 2023