|Date Posted||November 14, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Manager, Executive Office to oversee and ensure the effective functioning of the office of the President & CEO, YSM Leadership Teams, and the YSM Board of Directors, as well as ensure smooth execution of all staff events.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this role will also contribute to YSM’s overall Ministry, Ends, Objectives and strategic execution through facilitating external executive leadership-led events, interfacing with major donors and strategic external contacts, and enabling the communication of important information to the community.
- Oversee the management and coordination of CEO and organizational business operations calendars
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the CEO to Board members, donors, and other internal / external stakeholders, including high-level, confidential or sensitive matters
- Oversee and ensure the CEO’s schedule is planned and smoothly coordinated, with preparation and support as needed
- Ensure the CEO’s electronic mail is sorted effectively, executing required action where appropriate
- Work closely with the YSM CEO, Board and Committees to coordinate and execute logistics for Board, Annual General, senior-level and special meetings / events, including the preparation of materials, agendas and minutes
- Support CEO special and enterprise-wide projects in line with strategic direction and expansion as required: conducting research, identifying resources and strategic external connections, and managing the budget
- Provide briefing materials to the CEO for select meetings and speaking engagements
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the All Staff Meetings & Events calendar
- Supervise the Junior Executive Assistant to facilitate the effective functioning of the office of the CEO along with YSM leadership teams, as well as internal executive-leadership led events and All Staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 5-10 years of experience supporting C-level executives (non-profit Christian ministry organization preferred)
- Experience and interest in communications, partnership development and fundraising
- Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Strong interpersonal abilities to build relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful team player with high levels of emotional maturity, independence and adaptability
- Proven abilities to handle confidential information with discretion, make decisions, and work well under pressure, competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and technology
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) qualification (asset)
- Strong technology acumen with expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: Until position is filled
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/229
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: November 14, 2023