Manager of Finance & Corporate Services
|Date Posted||February 27, 2023|
Manager of Finance & Corporate Services – Tearfund Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Tearfund Canada
Tearfund Canada is seeking an ambitious and motivated leader with demonstrated bookkeeping skills and financial acumen to join their team as Manager of Finance & Corporate Services.
The Manager of Finance & Corporate Services oversees finance systems, day-to-day financial operations, IT, administration, facilities, and drives overall organizational effectiveness, focusing on strengthening operational capacity and managing risk. You bring strategic vision and tactical finesse to using business tools, and have a deep understanding of how to use data to drive business decisions. You ensure all areas of responsibility are carried out in support of Tearfund’s mission, strategic priorities, policies, standards, and systems.
If you are gifted in accounting with administration, IT, and HR experience, and have a conviction and passion that aligns with Tearfund Canada, we would love to connect with you.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES & VALUES
- Experience. Must have demonstrated bookkeeping experience, as well as familiarity with QuickBooks and/or Sage 300.
- Passion. Fully aligned with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Tearfund Canada. You have concern for and interest in issues of poverty, food security, and social justice.
- Technical Prowess. Tearfund Canada is a cloud-based organization. Digital proficiency in Sage, or a similar accounting software, Microsoft Office, and G Suite is a required. You must have a demonstrated ability to merge documents and perform pivot tables. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, customer management systems, and other database systems is required.
- Communication. Speak, listen, and write in a clear, confident, and brief but thorough manner.
- Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move projects forward, set goals and focus on priorities, and create and implement action plans. You must document, evaluate, seek to learn, and seek clarification when unsure of expectations.
- Hustle/Persistence. Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Relationship Building. High degree of emotional intelligence. Patient with a high volume of requests and able to maintain a professional demeanour with difficult people.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making/Problem-Solving. Able to draw insightful conclusions from information, create plans that are informed by data and experience, and assess situations to determine importance, urgency, and risks.
- Conscientious. Committed to continuous improvement and optimization - there’s always a way to improve something. Great attention to detail - nothing gets past you.
- Faith Walk. All roles within Tearfund Canada require the willingness to share in times of Scriptural reflection and prayer, and a readiness to engage with our faith-based constituency and partners. You are able to sign Tearfund Canada’s Statement of Faith, and have an active membership or participation in a Christian church.
WHO WE ARE
Tearfund Canada is a nimble and efficient $9 million member of the worldwide Tearfund family and the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. We have 14 staff and concentrate our humanitarian aid and development efforts through excellent nationally-led partners in 8 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as Canada’s First Nations.
We're following Jesus where the need is greatest, working through local churches across the Global South to unlock people's potential and helping them to discover that the answer to poverty is within themselves. When disasters strike, we respond quickly. We won't stop until poverty stops.
Our approach focuses on empowering individuals to live in holistic wellbeing. Instead of handouts (which are quickly used and forgotten), we are committed to creating sustainable development through the local church. By loving our neighbours and joining God in His Kingdom-building, life-giving mission, our supporters help empower people to overcome poverty.
God’s people are a hub of change. We believe that the church is the most effective vehicle for bringing hope into a community, and is a catalyst for real transformation. God’s people are the only entity capable of addressing the broken relationships that are at the root of poverty. Through Tearfund, local churches are empowered to address these broken relationships, bring new life, and transform the lives of the poor.
We are proud to be a part of the greater Tearfund Family, comprised of 10 members who collectively implement $300 million worth of programs each year. Together, we partner with 250 church-based organizations in over 50 countries around the world.
To see people freed from poverty, living transformed lives, and reaching their God-given potential.
Empowering individuals to be transformed.
Location: Preference for GTA, but open to remote
Application Deadline: March 29, 2023
Start Date: May 2023
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.