|Location||601 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 25, 2021|
CityKidz is looking for committed people to work with us to help transform kids’ lives with the power of faith, hope and love and encouraging them to Dream Big Dreams to reach their full potential.
CityKidz is looking for a Manager of Programs & Volunteers to join their team for a 14–month parental leave contract. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic, and a highly capable individual with a strong background in coordinating volunteers and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams. They will have managerial experience, passion, and insight into the needs of volunteers in Canada.
In Hamilton, 1 in 5 children are growing up in poverty. Too often, the stresses, deprivations and adversities of poverty steal their opportunity and hope and prevent them from achieving their dreams.
At CityKidz, we believe that every child matters and is filled with possibility. We exist to increase resiliency and inspire BIG dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time. Our big dream is that one day, we will see the end of child poverty in Canada and every child will have equal opportunity to thrive, to dream big and to reach their full potential.
CityKidz programs are a stable force of love and support for kids from three to 17. We teach our kids that they matter, that they are loved and that they can change their future and with it, the world. Each week, our big red busses pick up hundreds of children at their homes and bring them to our theatre for an interactive performance and a meal. Through songs and skits, our kids learn important lessons built on faith, hope and love that encourage them to believe in themselves, serve others and have hope for the future. Each child also receives a weekly visit to their home.
In response to the pandemic we’ve temporarily adapted our programs to ensure the continued health and safety of our children, families, volunteers, staff and everyone in our community.
Currently, we are bringing the CityKidz experience right to our kids’ front doors. We are focused on nurturing connections with children and families through an enhanced version of our foundational Home Visits program. Every week, our volunteers are delivering snacks, activities, treats and birthday gifts directly to our children’s homes. Additionally, every other Saturday, our Fun Squad is out in the neighbourhoods we serve to perform magic tricks, share stories with important lessons of faith, hope and love, and lead games and dance-a-longs to recreate a mini version of the live, interactive CityKidz programs our kids know and love.
Working with the Associate Executive Director, the Manager of Programs & Volunteers is responsible to give direction and carry out the objectives of the CityKidz Cares Project logistics pieces and the Volunteer Development objectives according to the annual CityKidz objectives, and to oversee all volunteer personnel involved with CityKidz programs and ministries.
1. Oversee CityKidz Cares Project Logistics
- Manage project objectives and maintains deadlines for logistics of each project: Operation Birthday Child, Care Kits, connection visits, participant administration, Summer to Remember and Gift of Christmas.
- Lead a team of 5-6 coordinators and/or assistants through high-capacity project management
2. Volunteer Management
- Leads the implementation of the Volunteer experience, from recruitment through to retention.
- Encourages all staff and volunteers to demonstrate CityKidz values and ethos in all they do.
- Manages volunteer integration with all other departments in the organization.
3. Financial Management
- Contributes to the annual budgeting process with Associate Executive Director.
- Oversees reporting and monitoring of the budgets within the Volunteer Department.
4. Child Protection Policy Management
- Equips all volunteers and staff with training of child protection policies.
- Monitor programs for alignment of child protection policies.
The Manager of Programs & Volunteers will be thoroughly committed to CityKidz values, mission, and vision. This position requires leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete, demonstrable experiences and other qualifications include:
- a university degree and related experience in project management, volunteer coordination, or non-profit management.
- at least three years of leadership management of teams within the non-profit sector
- experience with presentations to large groups of diverse people
- volunteer systems assessment, design, monitor, and evaluation
- self-leadership and committed to personal development
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
Full-time, parental leave contract position from March 22, 2021 to May 27, 2022, $53,000 – $58,000 annual compensation, free parking, good location, and a great team.
Typical hours are 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday. Hours would include rotational Saturdays during March – June, and September – December, as well as occasional evenings.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Manager of Programs & Volunteers by February 26, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz, please visit citykidz.ca.