|Date Posted||November 4, 2019|
Do you have strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills? Do you have a passion for learning and adapting to changing technical demands? Do you have a desire to use your skills to demonstrate patience and understanding, bridging gaps between diverse groups of users, from Pastors to graphic designers to accounting clerks? Do you have the essential organizational skill to multi-task in the present; yet, look ahead to prepare for what’s coming?
Windsor Christian Fellowship (“WCF”) is a non-denominational church that seeks to win the generations to Christ, connect them to His Master plan and grow the Kingdom of God. At WCF we use the creative art forms such as worship, drama, spoken word, and dance, to spread the good news of Christ and bring people into relationship with God.
The Network Administrator plays an instrumental role in furthering the Mission of WCF through the leadership, growth and support for all end users throughout the church. Working in collaboration with the individual ministries and departments to achieve the strategic direction of the church, the Network Administrator creates and maintains an environment of technical reliability and confidence, void of disruptions which ensures that staff can effectively achieve their ministry objectives.
Windsor Christian Fellowship is seeking a Network Administrator, sensitive to the Spirit of God and his love for his people, with experience in providing for and supporting all Information Technology related needs. This individual will lead volunteers and staff through hands-on technical experience. The successful candidate will work with installation or upgrading of components, setting up software, network administration and resolving all IT support issues across the corporation.
Due to the nature of this position, which has both a leadership component and a technical component directed towards advancing Windsor Christian Fellowship’s mission, services, and values, it is essential that the successful candidate:
- Be able to assist in advancing the mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship by communicating with personal integrity and professionalism;
- Support the work and Mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship; and
- Is familiar with and sensitive to the Christian ideology that underpins all of Windsor Christian Fellowship’s actions and Mission.
Information Technology includes hardware and software applications for land-line phones, mobile phones, tablets, computers, printers/copiers, E-mail servers, HD Camera Security Systems, Door access control system, and all servers and networks that support the operations of Windsor Christian Fellowship. The Network Administrator’s role serves as the primary liaison and resource between the corporation and external third-party providers and vendors about IT-related infrastructure and development.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Network Administrator will provide hands on technical experience to the following, as well as leadership and support:
- Provide first contact for technical support inquiries: Providing ‘hands-on’ support for users’ requests for service; troubleshoots problems and develops solutions; makes minor repairs to equipment and arranges for other servicing needs.
- Procurement – Source, recommend and purchase all new IT software and hardware related products for the corporation and its employees with regard to being fiscally responsible and in consultation with management for approval on expenditures.
- Maintain and install software and hardware components and train employees on its use, whether it’s related to land-line phones, computers, tablets, printers/copiers, computers or other technological applications of the business.
- Work with third-party vendors in resolving hardware/software issues
- Maintain a company system of records (inventory) for logging and tracking IT equipment for use by employees: phones, computers, tablets, including fobs for building access
- Monitor and maintain WCF’s email system including licenses and users, as well as recommend and implement available applications (such as Trello, SharePoint, Box, and Teams)
- Perform Network Administration Tasks including but not limited to: Support, configure, install, maintain and upgrade network, in-house servers, and computers
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity, data backups and disaster recovery protocols with an understanding of regulatory requirements
- Monitor network performance
- Set up, maintain and audit user accounts, permissions and passwords while ensuring a system of records and documentation
- Resolve all issues users have with their software and hardware in a timely manner
- Regular evaluation of IT systems and infrastructure to ensure they meet the necessary demands and securities
- Investigate, recommend, develop and implement new strategies, IT procedures and applications to increase efficiency, enhance workflow
- Liaise with all divisions and departments to determine and address their IT needs and requirements and seek to understand how technology applications can/could be used to streamline, improve or enhance their day to day ministry/department function to gain efficiencies
- Ensure the documentation of all IT related systems and all processes and procedures are developed and maintained
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies as applicable
Leadership and Support
- Reliable, self-starter with a passion to share WCF’s mission
- Ability to take direction from leadership
- Ability to develop, supervise, and implement growth opportunities as well as mentor and train a technical team of volunteers and staff
- Support charities and events associated with WCF ministries
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with relational leadership and team-building skills required.
- Ability to manage and engage volunteers
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science and/or related field experience (6-7 years)
- Industry professional certifications is preferred (eg. MCSE or CISSP)
- Must possess a strong ability to identify and adopt to emerging technology and industry demands
- Ability to provide preventative maintenance and troubleshoot IT technical issues quickly
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A desire to mentor and train up rising talent
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A clear Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required as a pre-condition to hiring
- A desire to honour God with your creative ability
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Adept at creative problem solving
- Build your leadership skills (find a mentor, be in community with other technical leaders)
- Ability to communicate, with personal conviction, the spiritual foundation of the organization through various means
Hours and Compensation
- Full Time: 40 hours per week on average. Flexible Days, evenings and weekends.
- Compensation: Competitive Benefits Package with compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s educational background and experience.
Windsor Christian Fellowship is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please contact us at 519-972-5977 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank everyone in advance for their interest and applications, but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted.