|Location||Three Hills, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Network and Systems Administrator
Hours: Full time
Wage: To scale with benefits
Beginning date: As soon as possible
Contact: Nicolle Ioanidis
Email: Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
This position exists to support the mission of Prairie to “train and mentor Christians through biblically integrated post-secondary education” by providing excellent, relevant and primary support in Information and Communication Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General responsibilities include but are not limited to those noted below. The description may be adjusted according to the experience, skills and passions of the successful applicant.
- Administer Wired and Wireless Networks:
- Wireless: Ruckus/Ubiquiti
- Point-to-point bridge
- Wired: HP Procurve managed switches and router
- Firewall: Fortigate
- Fiber and copper network maintenance and installation
- Administer Windows Servers, Virtual Hosts and SAN
- Veeam Backups
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- DHCP, DNS, File Server, SCCM
- Maintenance, replacement schedules and long-term strategies
- VOIP phone system
- Maintain system - add/change/remove users and phones
- Helpdesk functions
- Assist Staff and Students with access to network and resources
- Perform maintenance of all computing equipment
- Upgrade or replace desktops, laptops
- Assist in Hyflex classroom technology including Crestron
- Help backup Apple Macbooks
- Creating/maintaining user and group account
- Communicate ICT updates, changes and tips to staff
- Provide general troubleshooting of PC’s, Mac’s and business Applications
- Provide end-user training when necessary
- Google Workspace Administrator
- Email accounts
- Distribution groups
- Manage policies and devices
- Security Systems
- Kantech Fob system
- Security Cameras
- Mission: Knowledge of and enthusiastic commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and community covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: Preference of a post-secondary education in Information and Communication Technology or equivalent work experience considered
- Prefer CCNA or equivalent
- Prefer MCSA,MCSE or equivalent
- Experience: Significant experience in ICT work.
- English Language: Strong written and oral communication skills
- Character: Observable and contagious love for God, highly self-motivated and directed, maturity of Christian character, team attitude, loyalty to organization and people, missional.
- Relational Competency: Able to communicate clearly and effectively, ability and skill to relate well to others, team player working together with AVL and Copy Centre personnel.
- Skills: Keen attention to detail, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, strong customer service orientation, resiliency with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, willingness for improvement in skills.
- Reports to the Managing Director, Information & Communication Technology.
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference will be given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada.
Prairie’s goal is to complete as soon as a qualified applicant is found. However, applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person.