|Date Posted||April 9, 2021|
Are you looking for an opportunity to support a dynamic organization and make a difference? CityKidz is seeking an Office Administration Specialist who is ready to use their strengths, skills, and experience to support the administrative functions of the organization and help transform kids’ lives.
CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships.
CityKidz programs are a stable force of love and support for kids from three to 17. We teach our kids that they matter, that they are loved and that they can change their future. Each week, our big red busses pick up hundreds of children at their homes and bring them to our studio theatres for an interactive performance and meal. Through songs and skits, our kids learn important lessons built on faith, hope and love that encourage them to believe in themselves, serve others and have hope for the future. Each child also receives a regular visit to their home by a member of our staff or volunteers.
In response to the pandemic, we have temporarily adapted our programs to ensure the continued health and safety of our children, families, volunteers, staff and everyone in our community.
This year we are bringing the CityKidz experience right to our kids’ front doors as restrictions allow. We are focused on nurturing connections with children and families through an enhanced version of our Home Visits program. Our staff and volunteers deliver snacks, activities, treats and birthday gifts directly to our children’s homes. Additionally, as we are able, our Fun Squad is out in the neighbourhoods to perform magic tricks, share stories with important lessons of faith, hope and love, and lead games and dance-a-longs to recreate a mini version of the live, interactive CityKidz programs our kids know and love. To learn more please visit us online at www.citykidz.ca .
The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic and a highly capable individual with strong attention to detail and a background in office administration in a non-profit setting.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration, the Office Administration Specialist:
- Is responsible for creating and maintaining an efficient and professional CityKidz office environment.
- Oversees the day-to-day administrative functions of the CityKidz Main Office.
- Provides administrative support to the Resource Development department.
- Provides administrative support to the Finance and Administration Department.
General Office Administration
- Provide oversight to the CityKidz building main entrance and reception desk.
- Answer all calls and maintain the CityKidz phone system (i.e., responding to messages and setting up phone message systems to reflect current programming).
- Monitor and maintain the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Maintain COVID protocols (building access and processing visitors)
- Facilitate administrative volunteers in coordination with the Manager of Programs & Volunteers.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies (inventory) and ordering including:
- General supplies
- Stationary supplies
- Personal protective equipment
- Work in tandem with the Staff Care & Culture Coordinator to onboard and offboard new and existing employees. Duties will include:
- Training on lock-up procedures and emergency responses
- Training on COVID protocols for new staff
- Preparing workstations
- Updating documents
- Maintain the staff and vendors contact list for CityKidz.
- Arrange with and manage the volunteer custodian (including quality of work).
- Implement annual cleaning of various storage systems within CityKidz.
- Work in collaboration with Operations Coordinator and Joint Health & Safety Committee to oversee semi-annual fire testing.
Resource Development Support
- Update mid-level donor files through the record of touches, moves, interactions, asks and other entries.
- Produce tracking reports for mid-level giving which accurately reflect activity and performance.
- Track and record toy donations during Gift of Christmas campaign in November and December.
- Assist with personalized mailings to donors.
- Perform other supportive functions as required.
Finance Team Support
- Attend all weekly Finance Team meetings, take minutes and upload into teams SharePoint database.
- Participate in the annual tax receipting process at each year end.
- Maintain weekly filing requirements for paper-based payables and receivables.
- Perform other supportive functions as required.
Database Support and Donor Engagement
- Run queries for mailing lists and update variables for direct mail campaigns.
- Assist with thank you calls to recent donors.
- Aid in data entry of online and mail-in donations (widespread support will occur peak times of the year including during Gift of Christmas and various appeal periods).
- Review and update constituent data within the CityKidz database.
- Record all donations made by phone or in-person and provide documentation to the Data Entry Specialist.
The Office Administration Specialist will be thoroughly committed to CityKidz values, mission, and vision. This position requires office administration experience, attention to details, and experience working with volunteers. Concrete, demonstrable experiences and other qualifications include:
- Know the values and working culture of CityKidz.
- Understand the functions and processes of operating a professional office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication, customer service skills.
- Intermediate data entry skills (with emphasis on accuracy).
- Advanced organization, task, and time management skills.
- Intermediate experience with donor database software.
- Able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task and meet structured deadlines with multiple departments.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Administrative studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years working in Administrative, Data entry, and/or Customer Services roles (in office settings)
Full-time position, $38,000 - $42,000 annual compensation, free parking, good location, great team plus a benefit plan after three months.
How to apply:
To apply, please click here.
We thank all candidates for their interest and will contact those selected for interviews. about CityKidz, please visit www.citykidz.ca