|Location||Blind River, Canada|
|Date Posted||December 2, 2022|
Overview of Role
One Hope Canada is considered a Religious Order under the provisions of the CRA and as such, missionary employment with One Hope Canada is seen as following God’s unique invitation. Members, and those aspiring to be members, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability, and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
Galilean is a not-for-profit, non-denominational, evangelical Christian camp, owned by One Hope Canada. In operation since 1952, GBC began as a summer children’s camp and is now a year-round camp and conference centre. Camping provides a unique opportunity for young people to develop confidence, skills, and long-lasting friendships, best experienced within the context of Christian camping.
Empowered by the director, the Office Manager, with the tools and resources provided, is entrusted with fulfilling the purpose of One Hope Canada both personally and within their camp, and is responsible for general office duties and camper and retreat registration.
To present the Gospel, particularly to those having the least opportunity to hear of Christ, and especially to children and youth, and to disciple believers for living and serving through His church.
To accomplish the primary objective through the camping ministry, by effectively:
- General office duties (word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, answering telephones, responding to emails, etc….)
- Sort and handle daily incoming mail
- Manage database (data entry, manipulate data, produce reports, keep records updated)
- Prepare labels and donation slips for mass mailings
- Re-stock office supplies and order summer staff t-shirts
- Co-ordinate any volunteer office staff
- Update/Prepare summer staff application papers, summer and off-season registration forms
- Basic troubleshooting, maintenance and general upgrading of office computers/software – perform regular system back-ups
- Possible financial duties
- Prepare bank deposits, responsible for petty cash float, year-end donor receipt mailing, prepare fiscal year-end info for accountant as needed
- Possible registrar duties
- Enter registration info into database, send confirmations to campers, keep accurate record of camper numbers, keep sponsorship records, issue camper fee receipts if requested, have adequate float ready for registration day and prepare monies for deposit, make cabin/lodge room placements for summer and off-season retreaters, make name tags for adult retreats, check in summer campers and off-season retreaters, invoice any overdue camper fees
- Possible store duties
- Supervise, operate cash register, ordering of stock, manage additional sales staff, set up tuck shop for each summer camp session, prepare tuck return envelopes, process summer mission offering, keep financial records, responsible for float and prepare monies for deposit, prepare bookstore inventory for accountant Sept 30.
- Will have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord
- Will be active in a local church
- Will have a high school diploma or better
- Will be a team player
- Will have strong administrative and organizational skills
- Will have computer skills in Word, Excel, Internet, Email, Social Networking
- Will have basic knowledge of accounting principles, website design, retail
- Will have a willingness to assist when and where needed
Membership with One Hope Canada
Persons called to this ministry assignment will One Hope Canada to become a missionary with One Hope Canada. This involves completing the One Hope Canada application procedure, approval and completing the Credentialing Process.
Galilean staff members are missionaries are required to raise their own support. After candidates have raised 70% of their required support they may become involved in their assignment.
- Housing – provided with utilities free of charge by the camp on camp property
- There is a possibility to do the majority of this job remotely. Ask for more information if needed.
- Transportation – recommended that individual have a personal vehicle
- Churches – in the town of Blind River
For more information please email email@example.com or call (705) 356-7961