|Location||12125 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2022|
The Talking Book Library (TBL) with the office located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, produces quality Christian literature in audio format free for those with visual impairments or a print disability.
TBL is looking to hire a youth in the summer to assist in our audio recording operation and office duties. Financial assistance for this position has been funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program of the Government of Canada, and therefore recipients must meet the following criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- International students are NOT eligible participants
Work Settings: In office (may occasionally work remotely): 12125 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON
Start Time: Late-June, 2022
Working Schedule: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Reports To: Production Manager
Hourly Rate: $15
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- understand and be passionate about TBL’s mission, value and culture
- have proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies (audio publishing software)
- demonstrate attention to details, patience for audio editing work
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- have the ability to learn on the job and to tackle an unfamiliar environment
- experience with marketing and promotion is an advantage
- native or fluent in Farsi is an advantage but not required
- Assist in audio editing and production for English (and possible Farsi) narrations
- Provide technical support to the narrators during the recording sessions
- Help in office duties, including but not limited to: marketing, research and data collection, event assistance, etc.
- Other office tasks as required.
Application & Interview:
- Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position code OAEF-H on or before 5:00 pm, June 7, 2022.
- Those short-listed will be contacted via email and invited for an in-office or Zoom interview.
- Early application is highly encouraged as interviews will start once there are some qualified applicants.
- Please check our website talkingbooklibrary for organizational background information.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Talking Book Library is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Talking Book Library is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise the office if you require disability-related accommodation.