|Date Posted||July 19, 2022|
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a values-oriented, outcomes-driven Job Developer / Job Coach to connect community members with dignified employment in accordance with our workforce development (WFD) strategy. This is a unique role which centres on participant support (case management) and employer partnership development, in addition to related administrative duties. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker with demonstrated entrepreneurial qualities, who is also comfortable working in a highly collaborative, team-first environment and expresses a clear commitment to YSM principles of our faith, mission, and values.
A) Case Management
- Support participants in securing high-quality jobs with career potential
- Maintain a safe environment for diverse participants, including racialized individuals, those living with mental illness/disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community
- Work with colleagues to assess participant suitability/eligibility for interventions
- Prioritize regular meetings with colleagues to discuss cases, address program challenges, and devise innovative approaches to service delivery
- Provide job coaching to placement participants, as well as emotional/spiritual counselling as needed and when invited to do so
- Collaborate with employers and participants to create customized training plan
B) Employer Partnership Development
- Develop and sustain relationships with employers offering “decent work” in line with YSM’s WFD priorities (i.e. well paid, account for participant needs/barriers, offer career laddering etc.)
- Work collaboratively with JD team to devise creative lead generation tactics
- Clearly and concisely communicate partnership options with employers, confidently addressing questions and concerns as they arise
- Persuade new employers of the mutual benefits of partnership, while also orienting them to YSM’s values and the barriers faced by participants
- Strictly observe new employer onboarding process, including site inspections, review of expectations, and accurate completion of documentation
C) Administrative Support
- Administer job matching and placement activities in a detail-oriented manner that satisfies funder (e.g. Employment Ontario, Service Canada) requirements
- Remain apprised of the unique service delivery, administrative, and performance management requirements of 5+ municipal, provincial, and federal programs
- Consistently document participant activity in YSM and government databases - in addition to paper files - in accordance with YSM and funder requirements
- Complete documentation in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner
- Oversee financial transactions (e.g. wage reimbursements), remaining aware of expenditure limits and guidelines
- Related post-secondary education (e.g. business, social work) or equivalent experience
- Experience working both in 1) community service (e.g. social services, community organizing) and 2) partnership/sales/lead generation capacities
- Ability to balance independent entrepreneurial drive with collaborative team approach
- Innovative mindset and “willingness to fail” - proactively offers bold, creative solutions to complex problems
- Understanding how forms of systemic oppression - e.g. based on social class, gender identity, or race - intersect to marginalize participants
- Comfort working in an unpredictable drop-in environment with participants experiencing various forms of trauma; able to quickly and sensitively respond to high-stress situations
- High level of self-awareness; strong coping skills and supportive community (including faith community) needed to avoid emotional strain and potential burnout
- Strong time management, information tracking, and prioritization skills
- Flexible to work outside of standard hours when necessary (e.g. employer visits)
- Knowledge of current employment-related legislation (e.g. ESA, OHRC)
Deadline for Application: August 5, 2022
Link for Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=151
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: July 19, 2022