|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Downtown Community: 2 Full Time (32hrs/Wk) Positions
Kingston-Galloway: 1 Full Time (24 hrs/Wk)
Start Date: Late Summer 2021
Toronto City Mission
Toronto City Mission is a charitable organization that focuses on building loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty. We help children, youth, and adults rise above poverty by providing preventative programs, building relationships, and raising leaders. Our programs are designed to equip them to make wise choices about school, friends, relationships, work, and the future.
Programming and Building Relationships
- Cultivating Leaders: Responsible to recruit, train and meet regularly with interns, placement students and volunteers to provide feedback and encourage spiritual growth. Build community leaders through our programs. Lead and/or oversee the activities, teaching and interaction of all staff and volunteers in the community programs.
- Building Relationships & Spiritual Mentoring: Provide personal and evangelistic mentoring to the families, children and youth involved in the programs. Refer to other expert agencies as appropriate.
- Program Planning and Implementation: As part of the TCM ministry team, lead in the planning of specific programs in the assigned community. This includes an overall program plan with explicit results and activities. Intended results will be listed for spiritual, educational, and social development. The planning will include specific times and events where the Gospel is clearly presented. This includes outings, day camps and TCM’s Christmas program.
Liaising with community organizations and partnering with neighbouring churches in order to best meet the needs of and provide programs for the community which you serve.
Spiritual Growth and Development
Commit to personal spiritual growth and the development of an accountability or prayer group. Be an active member of a local church.
Ministry Partner Development
Commit to raising 100% of personal support; as per the Individual Ministry Partner Development Plan. A prayer/newsletter will be prepared regularly and sent to supporters. As opportunities arise, and in coordination with TCM leadership, speak in churches or before other small groups about the work and ministry of TCM.
- Meetings: As part of the TCM ministry team, participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and monthly prayer meetings and monthly supervisory meetings. Provide leadership in prayer, Bible study and worship when requested. Commit to regular prayer for other TCM team members (both paid and unpaid staff).
- Reporting: Participate in the bi-weekly TCM staff meeting sharing activities, issues and prayer needs as appropriate. Complete appropriate reports indicating results achieved against planned results. Reporting includes a monthly quantitative program report and a monthly qualitative reflection report. Participate in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
Other duties as assigned.
Salary based on a faith support model.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, motivation for ministry, and resumé to Dorothy Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.