|Date Posted||October 24, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a Part-time Driver to support YSM in pickups and deliveries. Reporting to the Property Manager, this role will provide transportation services to YSM.
- Carrying out any transportation needs for YSM
- Conducting and scheduling donation pickups and deliveries
- Supervising the performance of the donation pick-up and delivery helper(s)
- Maintaining and updating the vehicle logs and ensuring all admin duties are completed
- Ensuring that the vehicles are maintained and to report any issues that may arise
- Completing additional maintenance work such as, changing lights, painting, and minor repairs
- Post-secondary education
- A clean 5 year vehicle abstract
- 5 years’ experience
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- G license
- Adhere to YSM values and Biblical Foundations
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s mission, principles and faith-based values
Deadline for Application: November 17, 2023
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/227
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: October 24, 2023