|Location||460 Yonge St.,, Barrie, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2023|
$30,052.20-$52,417.20 (plus pension and dental/health benefits) based on years experience, education and CBOQ accreditation level
Job type: Part Time: 3 days (24 hours) a week with the view to increasing to full time as funding permits
Full Job Description
Inniswood Baptist Church is looking for a Pastor who is gifted and called to this role. We are seeking a Pastor who is devoted to Christ, spiritually mature (growing in the characteristics of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9), having life experience and is committed to equipping a multi-generation, multi-ethnic congregation, in a growing area of the city. The Pastor will preach the word of God in a manner that is relevant to people of all ages and situations, with practical applications to everyday life, and will be a leader in developing and equipping members of the congregation to share the gospel with the surrounding community.
Overview of Church and the Community of Barrie
Inniswood Baptist Church is a small congregation with deep roots in a growing community. We host a campus that includes 4 other small congregations as well as several community organizations, Initially established in 1973, Inniswood responded to the need for a Christian witness in south east Barrie. Although the church is located in southeast Barrie, congregants are drawn from across the city.
We are a community of believers seeking God’s direction for the next chapter in our journey. We have a core membership of about 50 people who are eager to renew the church and be a vibrant witness in the community. We have many ministries running within our church (Bible study, including Spanish Bible study, small groups, music ministry, men’s ministry, sports ministry, prayer groups, and most recently, Inniswood Gathers. We are committed to Christian growth through prayer, education and discipleship as well as outreach to the surrounding community.
Barrie is a growing community with a large commuter population. The south end of Barrie and Innisfil in particular are among the fastest growing areas in the country. The area surrounding Inniswood is multi-generational, and includes a low income housing complex directly behind the church, an assisted living complex next door, and a significant number of new builds in the adjacent area. The congregation itself is multi-ethnic, with a number of Hispanic and West Indian families in particular.
Barrie is a full service community with good cultural and recreational opportunities schools, and full service health care facilities.
Church Purpose and Mission Statement
The primary Mission of Inniswood Baptist Church is to “glorify God, proclaim the gospel, and make disciples of Jesus Christ”. The People of Inniswood Baptist Church are devoted followers of Jesus Christ expressing the love of God through vibrant worship, dynamic teaching and joyful service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preach and teach God’s work with clarity and conviction on a weekly basis, making the Gospel relevant to people’s daily lives, and helping them to understand and know the key and essential elements of Christian growth and development.
- Have a vision and burden to reach the unchurched of our community.
- Work in close partnership with the church leadership team, staff and ministry leaders.
- Work with church members and leaders to develop their gifts and skills in leadership and ministry, encouraging them to grow in their relationship, commitment and service to Jesus Christ.
- Teach and encourage the laity to be actively involved in evangelism.
- Be a resource to the leadership team to develop effective and dynamic Bible Studies, Sunday School classes, membership classes, etc.
- Provide ministry for marriages, funerals and other special services and occasions, as appropriate.
- This position requires great flexibility in time schedule.
- Be born-again; renewed through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and have experienced conversion through faith and repentance, all of which must be evident in their lifestyle
- A mature relationship with Christ Jesus as Savior and Lord
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines with an active prayer life
- Solid relational skills – be approachable, open and able to build and maintain relationships
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic - have a passion and a calling to minister to the people attending the church and the community around us
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church
- Able to balance personal life, spiritual life and ministry
- Able to relate to all age groups
- In agreement with the Statement of Faith and the Covenant of Membership of Inniswood Baptist Church
The salary is determined by using the CBOQ Salary tool. It is available on their website https://baptist.ca/
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at email@example.com. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.