|Location||18 Harvest Ave.,, Tillsonburg, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 11, 2023|
Come Grow With Us!
If you are …
- A fully devoted follower of Christ, with a calling to pastoral ministry, and a heart for shepherding God’s people
- A missional-minded motivator and a visionary team builder/equipper
- A team player ready to partner with us in ministry as we gather as His body in worship, grow in our love and knowledge of Him, and take the message of salvation to the lost
- One who loves to mentor and develop disciples for service in the church and the community
- Ready to serve in a sole pastor position with the capacity to grow into a lead pastor with supervisory responsibility for additional staff
then you may be the one God is calling to come and grow with us!
What You Will Love About Us! At First Baptist Church Tillsonburg we are blessed to be a congregation that God has been working in and through for over 165 years and has brought us to where we are today. In His goodness, we have recently moved into a new building and are now looking for a pastor who will give vision, direction, and guidance as we look to God’s leading for our next steps in ministry.
The Town of Tillsonburg is a growing community, and we are excited about the possibilities this brings for sharing the good news of Christ in the new neighbourhood springing up around the church building, in our town, and the tri-county region where Tillsonburg is situated.
As a result, the church has a great environment of genuinely caring for each other and provides opportunities to make an impact. Our team approach to ministry means that not everything depends on you. This will allow you to focus on using your gifts, skills, and talents to the best of your ability.
Our salary, benefits package, matching pension program, and study/training incentives will ensure you are growing.
Our Mission Statement To Gather, Grow, and Go.
The three pillars of our mission are: Gather to Worship, Grow to Maturity in Christ, and Go into the world and make disciples.
What You Need To Get The Job Done You need to …
- Be a born-again follower of Christ, with well-developed personal spiritual discipline, committed to prayer, a lover of God’s Word, and a passionate worshipper of Him
- Be a person of integrity whose character reflects a love for God and devotion and obedience to Him.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- Hold a diploma or degree in biblical studies or theology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Be willing to relocate to Tillsonburg.
What You Will Do: Preaching, Teaching, and Equipping
- Collaborate with the Board of Deacons for the spiritual care and growth of the congregation.
- Faithfully preach the Word of God, seeking God’s direction to study and prepare sermons weekly that encourage the congregation how to apply His Word in our daily lives.
- Plan and lead Sunday services in collaboration with the Deacons’ Board and Worship Team incorporating biblical, creative, and innovative ideas.
- Provide discipleship and lay leader development to empower members of the body to do the work of ministry.
- Effectively communicate the gospel and help equip the congregation for evangelism.
Vision Casting & Change
- Through prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit, help us determine God’s direction for our congregation.
- Lead by example in helping us discover areas of opportunity for connection within our congregation and our community, offering ideas for growth, change, and evangelism.
- Collaborate with the Deacons and leaders in creating/developing a ministry vision, building strong teams, and organizing resources to carry out the vision.
- Motivate and provide inspirational leadership to our mission & vision.
- Be a sensitive change agent, working with the leadership and congregation to implement the vision.
- In collaboration with the Care Team provide pastoral care to the congregation and community.
- Build relationships with congregants to disciple, mentor, and coach through life circumstances.
- A capable preacher and teacher
- A clear communicator
- A visionary leader
- One who sees opportunities for ministry
- A team builder and team player
- Able to relate passionately with all ages: children, youth, young families, middle age and seniors
- Innovative and adaptable
- Able to manage administrative and organizational responsibilities
- Able to work with a team providing technical and social media skills to support and strengthen our online ministry
Resume Submission details Please Include the Following:
1. Your resume and three references
2. Your written testimony, including conversion and call to ministry
3. Your philosophy of ministry
4. Podcast, Blog, and Sermon links you may have
Please submit applications to: Deb Young, Pastoral Search Team Chair at: pastoralsearchFBCT@gmail.com