|Location||St. Catharines, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
Pastor of Family Ministries
- Staff level: Associate Pastor
- Classification: Full Time
- Hour per week: Full Time – 40 hours
Want to be a part of a team that is (self-proclaimed) hilarious, joy filled, passionate, spirit led and obviously crushing ‘it’ for Jesus? A team where you will be free to lead in your passion and strengths with a clear mission. New Hope is a vibrant and dynamic faith community with thriving ministries. We are looking for someone to come and give high level leadership to our youth, junior youth, New Hope kids and DayCamp ministries. Can you coach and mentor top notch volunteers while also discipling families?
Our story began 18 years ago. Starting as a small church plant in a local city, our church has held onto its organic nature. At our root we are genuine and real in our pursuit of Jesus. The New Hope family reflects the diversity of our community. Want to work hard, play hard, pray hard, laugh hard and love deeply? If so come and join us!
- Provide leadership, direction and vision for our Family Ministries: New Hope Kids, Youth, Jr Youth & Day Camp.
- Oversee, support and coach the volunteer leaders who lead all Family Ministries.
- Encourage and equip parents in their role through teaching and digging deeper into discipleship
- Provide pastoral care to New Hope families including one-on-one meetings, hospital visits, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Establish a systematic approach to tracking the spiritual health of the parents and ensuring a support network is available.
- Resource all family ministries in strategy, recruiting, curriculum, technology, coaching.
- Ensure the successful transition of children through the various programs available at New Hope Church with a large emphasis on retention and discipleship.
- Maintain, enhance and upgrade our New Hope Kids and youth facilities/environments
- Implement the New Hope volunteer screening process (ie. Police Checks, Volunteer Applications and Plan to Protect Training)
Qualifications & Expectations
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ
- Master’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of pastoral ministry experience
- Gifted leader with experience in supervising and equipping teams
- Experience in ministry development and implementation
- Strategic planner who can implement goals and strategies
- Excellent communicator with the ability to teach, write, and develop curriculum
- Excellent relationship building skills and a team player
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun while working hard
Thank you for your interest in this position. For further job details please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Looking forward to reviewing your application shortly. Only successful applicants will be contacted for the next steps of our process.