|Location||2360 First Street Louth, St. Catharines, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2023|
Job Description – Pastor of Next Gen Ministries
Want to be a part of a team that is (self-proclaimed) hilarious, joy filled, passionate, Spirit led and obviously crushing ‘it’ for Jesus? A team where you will be free to lead in your passion and strengths with a clear mission. New Hope is a vibrant and dynamic faith community with thriving ministries.
We are looking for someone to come and give high level leadership to our ministries. Can you coach and mentor top notch volunteers while also discipling families?
Our story began over 20 years ago. Starting as a house church plant in a local city, our church has retained its organic nature despite our growth to over 1200 each week. At our root we are genuine and real in our pursuit of Jesus. The New Hope family reflects the diversity of our community. We want to work hard, play hard, pray hard, laugh hard and love deeply!
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following three traits:
- Humble – willing to listen to others and admit they do not have all the answers.
- Hungry – possesses energy and drive to do their work with excellence. Takes initiative to learn and pursue new projects and new opportunities to advance the church in ministry.
- Smart – equipped with both technical skills and people skills. People skills include someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence and works well with others. They are self-aware and know how their words and actions can impact others on the team.
Leadership: Lead and teach from a posture of vision and values that are biblically inspired and that champion New Hope Church’s culture and values. Lead Next Gen Ministries in such a way that inspires and draws people into a dynamic relationship with Jesus.
Engagement: Inspire the church family to champion the next generation through investing in their future now. Provide multigenerational influence as youth and young adults move through the phases of growth and development by ensuring that loving and committed adults connect, share, and invest in their lives. The Next Gen Pastor ensures that youth and young adults have adults in their lives who, casts the vision, tell their stories, and come alongside them in their journey of discipleship.
Support Leaders: Coach volunteers and ministry teams to identify primary values and common language that aligns with the overall vision of the church. Work together with teams toward common goals, objectives, and ministry practices that best mobilize their particular ministry. Meet with teams regularly to maintain intentionality and gauge effectiveness in raising up the next generation.
Equipping: Equip leaders and volunteers with what is necessary for both success and joy within their roles. This includes making sure the tools, resources, and knowledge are provided to be genuinely helpful in the following areas: building relationships, effective and efficient communications, and creating inspiring and engaging environments for both volunteers, parents, and youth/young adults. Provide oversight into curriculum selection and development.
Promote Service and Missional Engagement: Inspire and educate the youth and young adults on the value and importance of serving the church and having a missional posture towards all of life. Create consistent opportunities for youth and young adults to serve in the wider church community. This includes encouraging youth and young adults to engage in the yearly missional rhythms of New Hope Church.
- Support and work in cooperation with other ministries to maximize opportunities across ministry areas. Communicate and collaborate with all areas of ministry for maximum efficiency and cohesion (ex. Worship department oversees kids’ worship).
- Promote, support, and contribute to the overall church ministry by assisting with other churchwide projects such as Day Camp, Summer Fest, Nat Fest, Breakfast with Santa, Giving Initiatives, Christmas, Egg Hunt, and Easter.
- Attend team leader meetings, ministry leader meetings and other staff called meetings.
Soul Care Plan (Mind, Body + Soul):
Every Staff member at New Hope Church creates and submits a yearly soul care plan that ensures overall spiritual health. This includes: 1 week of professional development, 1 week of prayer and vacation weeks. We also provide paid counselling, coaching, and study resources.
- Full Time: 40 hours/week. Plus, volunteer hours (like the rest of the church)
- Compensation – Salary to be determined by experience and industry standard.
- Pension/Benefits – Provided as a matched benefit/pension program.
Education + Experience:
- Master’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of ministry experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to teach, write, and develop curriculum
Probationary Period – All new employees will be on a three-month probation period effective the first day of their employment. During the probation period either the employee or New Hope Church may end the employment for any or no reason with or without notice.
Flexibility Clause – During your employment your direct supervisor may request that you undertake other duties and responsibilities which reasonably pertain to your job description.
Variation Clause – New Hope Church periodically examines and updates job descriptions to ensure they relate to the job performed. Your direct supervisor and you will review your job description. any new responsibilities and priorities will be mutually agreed upon. New Hope Church reserves the right to make reasonable changes to this job description.
- Please submit any applications to Jason Werner and Thom Braun via email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Please do check out our website, social media and mobile app for more insight into New Hope.