|Date Posted||February 5, 2021|
Avon Mennonite Church in Stratford, Ontario is seeking a full-time Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministry
Avon Mennonite Church in Stratford, Ontario, a faith community committed to helping people grow, seeks a spiritually attentive person or married couple to serve as full-time Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministry. The successful candidate(s) will provide direct leadership to youth ministries, coordinate and oversee children’s Sunday School ministries, mentoring and empowering young leaders, providing pastoral care for youth, children, and related volunteers.
Job Description - January 2021
The role of the Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministry is to work in harmony with the Avon Pastoral Team and Leadership Teams, have a firm grasp of the vision, culture, and strategies of the church, and help us fulfill our purpose.
The key responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- Youth Ministry
- Direct involvement as the organizer and leader of Avon youth program(s) and Sunday School as well as leading, overseeing and coordinating the Avon youth ministry team
- To mentor, empower, and provide pastoral care for youth.
- To create or help create outward-focused programs to engage/support youth in our surrounding community
- Overseeing young people ministries at Avon (Sr. Youth, Jr. Youth, and Children).
- Providing intention and flow to all young person ministries to ensure they are working in harmony with the overall purpose and vision of the church.
- Working with volunteers at all levels of young person ministries to ensure each ministry team is fulfilling its specific role and purpose.
- Co-ordinate and oversee children’s ministry (Sunday school) and children’s ministry volunteers.
- Must pursue a life of communion and harmony with Divine Spirit.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to personal growth and ongoing spiritual development.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation of Anabaptist faith/theology and Mennonite values (such as peacemaking, working for justice, creation care, non-violence, etc.)
- Must have applicable education and/or training for young people ministries and working with youth.
- Must have healthy interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Must live in Stratford or in close proximity.
- Ideally, this person would be technologically competent and social media savvy.
- Must provide proof of a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
For more information about us visit https://www.avonmennonite.com/ Inquiries and resumes may be submitted to the Avon Pastoral Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org We will confirm your application email upon receipt. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2021.