|Date Posted||August 29, 2023|
Purpose within Ministry
To aid the church body as we equip and disciple our student population with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Pastoral role will involve personal interaction, partnering with parents, leading volunteers and working along with ministry team.
Direct involvement and oversight for our Children’s and Youth (Grade 6-12) ministries and community outreach summer programs. This includes:
- Functioning as the “public face” of Youth & Children’s ministries at Campbell.
- Acting superintendent of children`s ministries including developing strong discipleship teams and helping to equip and motivate them for ministry.
- Teaching either the junior or senior high Sunday School class
- Helping to plan and coordinate outreach events (Vacation Bible School, etc.).
- Providing pastoral care/counsel to students, parents, and ministry volunteers.
- Playing a regular part in Sunday worship services through Scripture, prayer, announcements and occasional preaching.
Role Essentials (Candidate must meet these criteria in order to be considered)
- Clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Meet the qualifications of Elder as stated in 1 Timothy 3.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and Statement of Faith of Campbell Baptist Church.
- Excellent knowledge of the Bible with ability to proclaim the Gospel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both small and large group settings.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Prefer experience (>2 years) in a leadership role in a local church, either on a full/part-time, internship or volunteer basis.
- Prefer formal post-secondary education.
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada or obtain a work permit with help from the church.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience and in line with similar-sized churches in our region.
Campbell Baptist Church is a multigenerational, multi-ethnic body that emphasizes expositional preaching, sound doctrine and heart-felt community. We are an elder-led, congregationally governed church in friendly cooperation with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.