|Date Posted||November 17, 2023|
About Bay Park
Bay Park Baptist Church is a multigenerational body of believers that emphasizes sound preaching of Biblical doctrine and heart-felt community. We are an elder-led, congregationally governed church, in friendly cooperation with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada. Located in the beautiful city of Kingston, Ontario, our desire is to positively impact lives forever in our church community and the neighbourhood around us. Bay Park currently runs two identical services on Sunday mornings with an average weekly attendance of over 400 people.
The Pastor of Outreach and Connections shall earnestly seek to advance Christ’s kingdom by equipping the congregation to carry out local and global evangelism, and by creating pathways to help newcomers engage in the life of the church.
The Pastor of Outreach and Connections shall be responsible for:
- Equipping the congregation for the work of evangelism, and
- Implementing effective strategies for newcomer engagement.
Specifically, the Pastor of Outreach and Connections is responsible for:
1. Outreach (50-60%)
- Identify, train and release leaders who will, in turn, disciple others in the joy of evangelism,
- Provide leadership and training for church wide outreach events.
- Prayerfully seek new strategies for meeting the physical, relational, and spiritual needs of the local community.
- Leverage evangelism as a means of supporting future church planting efforts.
2. Connections (20-30%)
- Oversee newcomer follow-up and discipleship,
- Recruit and train leaders to carry out various newcomer engagement initiatives.
3. Other (10-20%)
- Oversee the Missions ministry of the church and attend meetings from time-to-time.
- Engage in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church.
- The Pastor of Outreach and Connections is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Appendix A: Common Responsibilities of Pastoral Team Members
- A maturing Christian life with an ever-deepening love for the Lord Jesus and His church,
- Evidence of godly character, spiritual disciplines, and a shepherd’s heart with a commitment to service,
- Full alignment with our statement of faith, mission, vision, and values,
- Must be a Canadian.
- At least three years church ministry experience in the areas of outreach and evangelism. Experience may be from either full/part-time, internship or volunteer involvement,
- Experience leading groups and building teams in a growing church with the ability to communicate effectively in both small and large group settings, and
- Formal, post-secondary education such as a degree, certificate or diploma in a relevant field: religious studies, leadership, or equivalent
Commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Deadline: January 06, 2024
Send your resume to: email@example.com
Appendix A: Common Responsibilities of Pastoral Team Members
Each member of the pastoral staff is committed to the Mission and Vision of Bay Park Baptist Church:
Our Mission: preparing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
Our Vision: boldly engaging our community and our communities
PERSONALLY, each member of the pastoral staff will engage in:
- Embracing, living and proclaiming the Gospel
- Being active and effective in the spiritual formation of others
- Maintaining an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ
- Identifying key areas for personal growth in leadership and influence and pursuing quality training to that end
GENERALLY, in their areas of responsibility, each member of staff will commit to:
- Exercising responsibility for recruiting, training, shepherding, equipping and empowering
- Submitting budgets annually for areas of responsibility
- Exercising skill in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Participating in regular staff meetings – generally held weekly
- Preparing reports as requested
- Meeting one-on-one with the senior pastor as requested (weekly, biweekly, monthly)
- Participating in an annual performance review process
- Practicing congregational care (following up with newcomers, calling, visiting, connecting, counseling where qualified)
with ACCOUNTABILITY, each member of the pastoral staff will take responsibility for:
- Being answerable
o to the elders, in the case of the senior pastor.
o to the senior pastor, in the case of all other staff.
- Keeping regular working hours and maintaining diligence in fulfilling assigned responsibilities.