|Location||5750 King Road, Nobleton, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 20, 2023|
JOB DESCRIPTION: PASTORAL MUSICIAN
ST. PAUL’S CHURCH, NOBLETON
St. Paul’s Church, Nobleton, a congregation in the evangelical Reformed tradition in the heart of King Township, seeks an individual to lead the in-person and online congregation, in musical praise of the Lord Jesus Christ each Sunday at our 10:00 a.m. worship gathering. The position is part-time (for approximately 10 hours per week). If the candidate has passion and gifting for working with teens, the job description and number of paid hours can be expanded.
About the position
St. Paul’s seeks a growing follower of Jesus keen to lead the congregation in musical praise, with demonstrable experience in church music leadership. He or she will work closely with the Pastor to craft worship gatherings suited to both in-person and online congregants and seekers comprising a broad range of ages. The position will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading worship at our regular Sunday morning worship gatherings, as well as special gatherings such as Good Friday, Christmas eve, weddings, funerals, and other events as agreed upon;
- Recruiting, coaching and encouraging volunteers to assist in worship leadership, musically and vocally;
- Rehearsing weekly (beyond Sunday morning) with volunteers of varying abilities; and
- Encouraging musical leadership among the youth.
About the candidate
The successful candidate will be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ and a visionary self-starter with a heart for the spiritual growth of the congregation, and will have:
- Excellent vocal and piano skills (guitar skills are an added asset);
- A good working knowledge of, and ability to play and lead, both traditional and contemporary Christian worship repertoire;
- An energetic commitment to teamwork and serving the congregation and community;
- A desire to grow in her or his faith and ministry skills;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and flexibility;
- Strong communication and organizational skills; and
- Keen listening skills.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in or willing to become knowledgeable in the spirituality and theology of the Reformed tradition and the Leading With Care policy of The Presbyterian Church in Canada (available at https://presbyterian.ca/resource-centre/). He or she will require a current vulnerable sector screening police check, and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
The Pastoral Musician will be accountable directly to the Pastor and the Elders (through the Worship and Music Team). Regular meetings with the Pastor and key volunteers will be expected. The Pastoral Musician’s ministry contract will be evaluated after the first six months, and then annually.
Salary will be negotiable, commensurate with experience and skill.
Applications and inquiries will be received by email to Dr. Jeff Loach, Pastor: email@example.com.
Please include references with any application.
St. Paul’s Church
5750 King Road, Nobleton, ON L0G 1N0
Connect with God
Grow in Christ
Serve in Community