|Location||1307 Hillside Avenue, Victoria, Canada|
|Date Posted||December 15, 2021|
Payroll/Human Resources Administrator – The Cridge Centre for the Family
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of The Cridge Centre for the Family.
The Cridge Centre for the Family, located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia seeks a Payroll/Human Resources Administrator to join its dynamic team. You will be primarily responsible for processing payroll and completing all associated functions on a bi-weekly basis, including the processing of all transactions related to employee benefits.
In addition, you will assist in the day-to-day accounting functions, including accounts payable and receivable, reconciliation of accounts and the general ledger, maintaining various spreadsheets, petty cash, banking and all operations within the financial database systems.
Recognizing that you will interface with staff, program clients, board members and the general public, this position requires exceptional customer service and attitude. General administrative support including telephone and desk reception is required.
Providing excellence in support, housing, education and community, we work together to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly.
- Complete all payroll entries for processing using WorkForce
- Verify/check payroll after processing
- Offer letters, Record of Employment Forms, WCB Forms
- Enroll and terminate employees from benefits plans
- Track and prepare reports on hours analysis, sick usage, etc.
- Maintain employee files according to accepted standards or records management and privacy legislation
- Advise the CEO of incidences of non-compliance with the Collective Agreement, Cridge Policy or Employment Standard
- Administer Employee Identification Badge Program
- Manage online database including employee onboarding forms and records
- Maintain staff policies and procedures as required
- Assist with orientation of new employees
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for all programs for a variety of tasks including payroll
- Government reporting for programs as required, including program reports, GST returns, Charity returns
- Maintain all filing systems related to accounting & payroll
- Payables entry, preparation and distribution
- Prepare invoices as required for a variety of purposes
- Billing of all subsidies for children’s programs
- Receipting all cash, cheque receivables, processing Interac and credit card payments.
- Bank deposits and withdrawals
- Prepare and enter journal entries in the General Ledger
- Maintain the General Ledger, the Chart of Accounts & The Accpac Program
- Prepare monthly statements and the trial balance
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Year end duties including audit preparation and assisting Auditors on site, and making year-end entries
- Distribute petty cash and credit
- Assist in the preparation of draft budgets and enter finalized budgets into accounting
Reception & Administrative Support
- Provide telephone reception for the organization
- Provide desk reception for the organization, handing out applications and directing clients and visitors to their appropriate destination
- As the “first face” of the organization – offers the highest level of service and warmth in every interaction with staff, clients, partners and the public
- Maintain up to date application forms
- Other related duties as may be required are frequently encountered in this position
- Establish good two-way communication with staff and Management
- As a member of the Cridge Administration Team communicate with colleagues in a comprehensive and diligent manner
- Convey information to the appropriate destinations utilizing every effective way to ensure that important information is transmitted
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to function effectively within the Constitution and Bylaws of The Cridge Centre for the Family
- Ability to set and maintain consistent limits and to act as an appropriate role model
- Ability to work with staff and clients in a supportive, respectful and caring manner
- Willingness to participate in staff development
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to handle stress and emergencies in a calm, effective manner
- Computer literacy and mastery of Word, Excel and Accpac
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Three years direct service experience with payroll & accounting
- Canadian Payroll Association – minimum designation of Payroll Administrator required
- One Year Training in an approved accounting course
- Experience using WorkForce an asset
- Experience and/or education in Human Resources an asset
Location: Victoria, BC
Application Deadline: January 14, 2022 or until position is filled
Start Date: February 2022
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.