|Date Posted||July 14, 2022|
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a People & Culture Operations Coordinator as an integral part of the People and Culture (P&C) team to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of P&C processes and YSM program delivery, positively impacting the employee experience through the various stages of the employee life cycle.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, this role provides a direct line of support across many HR areas, such as recruitment, employee engagement, benefits administration, staff learning and development.
- Assists with job postings and gathers/follows up on all required staff documentation
- Coordinates pre-employment background checks
- Liaises with key staff in Operations (Finance, IS&T, Property Services and Shared Administration Services) on staff onboarding, offboarding and other staff processes
- Facilitates staff comprehension of, and adherence to P&C policies and procedures in compliance with relevant employment legislation; escalating unique or complex inquiries to senior-level members of the P&C team;
- Delivers benefits orientation sessions for new staff
- Processes benefits enrolments, coverage changes, and terminations while liaising with insurance providers; maintains timely and accurate benefits records at all times
- Coordinates staff events (e.g. training, staff recognition awards, new staff consecration) and related activities such as feedback surveys and training metrics
- Provides support in advancing YSM’s culture, values and Biblical foundations
- Creates, reviews and edits a variety of P&C confidential materials, conducts research, and exercises considerable judgment in handling confidential information
- Serves as P&C representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Supports P&C projects and initiatives
- College diploma or university degree in HR Management
- 2-3 years’ HR experience in a coordinating role
- CHRP-designated or in progress, or an equivalent combination of education and HR experience
- Working knowledge of the Human Resources management function and processes
- Working familiarity of the Ontario Employment Standards Act, Ontario Health and Safety Act, and human rights legislation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated proactive and effective client service orientation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues with confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, empathy and compassion
- Ability to work effectively - both independently and within a team environment - and to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Keen attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and completeness of data or documentation
- Awareness of and sensitivity to issues of equity, inclusion and diversity
- Strong project coordination and execution skills
- Natural curiosity and the ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing environment and technology
- Proficiency in MS Office, BambooHR (or other HRIS systems), G-Suite and tools/apps for collaboration
- Knowledge and understanding of YSM’s Mission, Values and Articles of Faith
Deadline for Application: July 29, 2022
Link to Apply: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=149
Your resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: July 14, 2022