|493 County Rd 27, Consecon, Canada
|January 10, 2024
Reports To: Director
Period: July & August
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
The primary role of a Grounds Crew is to clean bathrooms, facilities and campgrounds to ensure a safe and positive provide experience for campers, staff and volunteers while enjoying activities on the Camp.
- Maintain Grounds - Primarily help maintain the facility and remove distractions to improve the experience of the campers on property.
- Cleaning – Tasks include cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping as well as projects that match their skills and abilities.
- Supplies - Respond in a timely manner to any issues such as restocking of soap, toilet paper, toilet overflows.
- Maintenance - Assist the Camp Maintenance Staff with any repairs or maintenance work as directed.
- Kitchen - Assist the Cook in preparing food and clean-up of kitchen as needed.
- Waterfront - Assist at the waterfront with the lifeguards in areas such as swimming, canoeing, kayaking and other water activities.
- Health and Safety Regulations – adherence by wearing appropriate/mandated attire in kitchen and dining room, along with other safety protocols outlined by camp.
- Camp duties – cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping as well as projects that match unique skills and abilities.
- Staff Training/meetings – participate in training week, daily team meetings and devotional times.
- Other Assignments – assisting in leading crafts, sports and other activities as needed.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
- You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with another Camp staff as well as all your meals while employed.
- Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Manager. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
- You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team.
Next Steps: If you have you would like to apply for this posting, submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org