|493 County Rd 27, Consecon, Canada
|January 10, 2024
Reports To: Head Cook
Period: July & August
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
The primary role of a Kitchen Crew is to provide a great food service experience for campers, staff and volunteers while becoming familiar with Camp’s kitchen, systems, recipes and approach to special diets and allergies. They assist adult cooks with preparing meals for campers, staff, and volunteers and those with special dietary needs.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and expand skills in nutrition services and cooking. The team works hard but it is a very rewarding role. They have opportunities to enjoy the camp and work with the Cabin Leaders and campers during their time off.
- Preparing Meal – Work in kitchen preparing meals.
- Supporting Adult Volunteers – Camp has numerous volunteers who help to prepare food. You will provide consistency and support for all Kitchen staff and volunteers.
- Cleaning – Help to keep kitchen, and dining hall clean during and after meals. Assisting with enhanced cleaning protocols may be required.
- Health and Safety Regulations – adherence by wearing appropriate/mandated attire in kitchen and dining room, along with other safety protocols outlined by camp.
- Camp duties – cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping as well as projects that match unique skills and abilities.
- Staff Training/meetings – participate in training week, daily team meetings and devotional times.
- Other Assignments – assisting in leading crafts, sports and other activities as needed.
- Basic Knowledge of Food Services Standards & Regulations - Understanding of the general functioning and safety standards of a commercial is considered an asset.
- Be a Christian – Demonstrate a mature Godly character, with a desire and ability to care for children with kindness and respect.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with another Camp staff as well as all your meals while employed. Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Manager/Program Leader. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team.
If you have you would like to apply for this posting, submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org