|493 County Rd 27, Consecon, Canada
|January 10, 2024
Reports To: Waterfront Director
Period: July & August
Salary: $600.00 - $700.00 per week
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
The Lifeguard is a key position with responsibility to ensure the safety of staff and campers when using any of our waterfront areas. The primary function of this role is to lifeguard and supervise daily water recreation including swimming, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and other water activities. The Lifeguard sets the atmosphere and culture of the waterfront team. The goal is to provide a Christ-centred, safe, and fun atmosphere for campers and staff.
- Model Godly Character – Practice regular prayer and encouragement, resolve conflicts in a loving way, be good stewards of the site and ensure campers are cared for. Participate in daily team meetings including a time of prayer.
- Lifeguard – Provide lifeguarding and supervision daily of campers and staff participating in water recreation including kayaking, tubing and canoeing, ensuring the safety of campers and staff at the beach.
- Safety – Under supervision of Waterfront Director, conduct drills for waterfront rescue and search, undertake camper rollcall each session.
- Facilitate Swim Tests & Time – Assist in opening day swim tests, in cooperation with the lifeguards, always maintain an active presence.
- Maintain Waterfront Area– Assist the Waterfront Director regular cleaning and maintaining of all lifeguarding equipment and first aid kits with daily safety checks and reporting and issues to Director.
- Health Safety – Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management. Always accountable to the camp policies and procedures. Participation in Summer Staff training and team meetings is required.
- Other duties – May include cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping and helping in the kitchen as assigned.
- Lifeguard - This position requires the individual to be at least 16 years old, hold a current NLS certificate, Current First Aid Certificate, CPR-C and AED
- Be a Christian – Demonstrate a mature Godly character, with a desire and ability to care for children with kindness and respect.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Police Check – If Applicable provide a current police check.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
- You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with another Camp Staff and your meals provided while employed.
- Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Manager/Program Leader. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
- You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team.
Next Steps: If you have you would like to apply for this posting, submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, email@example.com