|493 County Rd 27, Consecon, Canada
|January 10, 2024
Reports To: Director
Period: June, July & August
Salary: $700.00 - $800.00 per week
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
Summer Camp Manager focuses on preparing for the launch of camp, working with any local churches, developing leaders, recruitment of staff and volunteers and promotion of camp summer program in the local community. In collaboration with the Director, the Manager oversees the summer launch while ensuring the camp aligns with the mission, vision, values, and code of conduct of Pleasant Bay Camp.
- Model Godly Character – Practice regular prayer and encouragement, resolve conflicts in a loving way, be good stewards of the site and ensure campers are cared for.
- Provide Spiritual Guidance – Ensure that faith teachings and practices are intertwined throughout all activities, ensuring that it operates with God’s word and is aligned with the Board’s vision and in harmony with Family Camp.
- Provide Leadership – Provide leadership to camp staff team during pre-season training (orientation), coaching, motivating, monitoring performance, and providing mid and end of summer performance appraisals to ensure staff are meeting expectations of their role and achieving camp objectives. Attend all staff training and meetings.
- Health and Safety – Ensure procedures are followed and maintained, and staff team is sharing the duties of keeping campsite clean, organized, and safe to meet Health and Safety requirements.
- Leadership – Provides support for the Cabin Leaders, Program Leader and other staff, working together to serve the campers in your care while contributing to the healthy culture of the camp and team.
- Communication – Facilitates effective communication with parents, staff, and volunteers, responding to all parent inquires in a courteous and prompt manner (within 24 hours) and ensuring staff are kept informed of any changes in schedule, meetings etc. Performance issues/parent complaints are relayed to the Director timely to ensure they are being resolved.
- Market Plan – Evaluate marketing plan to determine if promotion and strategic marketing at schools, camp fairs and community events is meeting the camper targets.
- Engage with Parents – Welcome families to Camp on opening day, say goodbye on closing day, answer any questions and provide a professional overall experience.
- Help Lead Activities – Help engage your campers at activities, assist Activity Leaders as needed and occasionally lead certain activities.
- Be a Christian – Demonstrate a mature Godly character, with a desire and ability to care for children with kindness and respect.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Police Check – Must have a current police check.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
- You will be provided with accommodation and meals while employed.
- Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Camp Director. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
- You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team
If you have you would like to apply for this posting, submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, email@example.com