|493 County Rd 27, Consecon, Canada
|January 10, 2024
Reports To: Director
Period: July & August
Salary: $600.00 - $700.00 per week
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County, the scenic waterfront property is surrounded by water, Lake Ontario, North Beach and Pleasant Bay, a truly magnificent location! Pleasant Bay is a youth-focused high adventure Christian camp that exists to give our children a memorable summer experience, helping them discover, live, and share the good news found only in Christ. For sixty years, Pleasant Bay achieved our mission while having fun, building relationships, fostering leadership and skills development for our campers and staff.
The primary role of the Program Leader is to facilitate memorable and quality adventure experiences for campers. The Program Leader provides leadership for planning, organizing, coordinating, and leading the camp program and recreational activities and is responsible for oversight of set up and take down of equipment, teaching activities, if applicable and tracking repairs as needed.
- Model Godly Character – Practice regular prayer and encouragement, resolve conflicts in a loving way, be good stewards of the site and ensure campers are cared for.
- Camp Program – Coordinates daily operations of camp program including creating and completing set up and take down checklists and designing schedules to that all camper groups participate in all the activities.
- Recreational Activities – Design, plan and be the primary leader for all recreational activities and chapel sessions by creating a fun, relational and safe space for campers in a faith-based environment.
- Oversight – Monitors the delivery of safety, high-quality programs working to ensure Cabin Leaders are delivering programs in line with camp program manuals, have all the supplies they require and are incorporating camp values. Steps into direct delivery of the program as required.
- Participate in Leadership of the Camp – Provides support to the Cabin Leaders and campers each daily and helps to solve problems as they arise.
- Administration – In collaboration with Manager, ensures administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time including all paperwork associated with staff scheduling, camper attendance, parent communication etc.
- Purchasing – Assists with supply purchasing as require; works with Director to ensure camp program materials are purchased and adequately stocked throughout the summer to ensure high-quality camp programs.
- Engage with Parents – Welcome families to Camp on opening day, say goodbye on closing day, answer any questions and provide a professional overall experience.
- Help Lead Activities – Help engage your campers at activities, assist Activity Leaders as needed and occasionally lead certain activities.
- Be a Christian – Demonstrate a mature Godly character, with a desire and ability to care for children with kindness and respect.
- Be Servant-Hearted – Have a servant attitude, being flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a Good Communicator – Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents and guardians, suppliers, children, staff, and other guests.
- Be Enthusiastic & Approachable – Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a Problem Solver – Remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations wisely and selflessly.
- Be a Good Listener – Create a safe space and be attentive to the needs of others.
- Be Willing to Grow – Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Police Check – Must have a current police check.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
- You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with another Camp Staff and all your meals while employed.
- Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a break. Daily time off will be scheduled by the Director. Weekly time off begins on Saturdays when all closing day duties are completed. It ends at the beginning of the Family Camp chapel on Sunday mornings.
- You will agree to understand Pleasant Bay Adventure Camp Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Code of Conduct and uphold them while serving on our team.
Next Steps: If you have you would like to apply for this posting, submit a cover letter and resume to Nick Dorazio, Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org