Pleasant Bay Camp – Head Cook
|Location||Box 59, 493 County Road 27, Consecon, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2023|
Pleasant Bay Camp Kids’ Summer Camp – Head Cook Job Description
Pleasant Bay Kids camp located in the heart of Prince Edward County is surrounded by the magnificent waterfront of Lake Ontario. Join our dynamic summer team to embrace a new adventure where you can explore your faith, gain work experience, and build life-long relationships.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people every day; to invest in their development and watch them grow in their faith. The camp provides a set-apart space that facilitates a relational encounter between the self, the other and God while incorporating our values; unplugged from home, relational, safe space, faith centered and participatory.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Strong (or demonstrating the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 PBC Fundamental Values: Faith Centered, Relational, Connected to Nature, Participatory and a Fun Safe Person
- A mature person who is able to plan ahead, prepare balanced meals and delegate responsibilities to others
- Ability to respect and uphold the rules of camp
- Desire to add creative flare to their area of responsibility with passion and ownership
- Handles conflicts appropriately
- Has an inclusive attitude
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Menu planning for balance meals, food purchases and receiving of deliveries
- Managing volunteers and staff; ensuring proper hygiene practices
- Food preparation and dining room management
- Abide by all health and safety regulations and wear appropriate/mandated attire in the kitchen and dining room
- Able to steward camp resources well; including price comparison and leftover usage
- Keep food properly stored and refrigerated, regularly check freezer temperature
- Good time management
- Experience cooking for large groups is an asset
- Participate in Summer Staff training sessions and team meetings
- Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management
Completion of secondary school
Food Handler Certificate
Experience with Summer Camps an asset
Must have a current Police and VS Check Applicants and be able to legally work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you want to learn more about this opportunity forward your resume, a letter of introduction, in confidence to Nick Dorazio , Pleasant Bay Camp Coordinator email@example.com .