Pleasant Bay Camp Water Front Director
|Location||Box 59, 493 County Road 27, Consecon, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2023|
Pleasant Bay Camp, Kids’ Summer Camp – Water Front Director Job Description
Pleasant Bay Kids camp located in the heart of Prince Edward County is surrounded by the magnificent waterfront of Lake Ontario. Join our dynamic summer team to embrace a new adventure where you can explore your faith, gain work experience, and build life-long relationships.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people every day; to invest in their development and watch them grow in their faith. The camp provides a set-apart space that facilitates a relational encounter between the self, the other and God while incorporating our values; unplugged from home, relational, safe space, faith centered and participatory.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Strong (or demonstrating the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 PBC Fundamental Values: Faith Centered, Relational, Connected to Nature, Participatory and a Fun Safe Person
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Ability to respect and uphold the rules of camp
- Desire to add creative flare to their area of responsibility with passion and ownership
- Handles conflicts appropriately
- Has an inclusive attitude
- Able to communicate and teach youth
- To be responsible for and in charge of the administration of the waterfront and the direction of staff ensuring the safety of campers and staff at the beach.
- Organizes, plans and oversees lifeguarding staff and beach for the season and on each operating day.
- Ensures safety signs are posted and clearly visible at all times and informs lifeguarding staff and participants of hazards and safety rules.
- Oversees and executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Lifeguarding and supervising at the waterfront on a daily basis of campers and staff participating in water recreation
- Lifeguard and supervise in other areas such as canoeing, kayaking and other water activities
- Organize and conduct drills for waterfront rescue and search, undertake camper roll-call each session
- Maintain the lifeguarding equipment and first aid kit with daily safety checks and reporting any issues to the Kids’ Camp Co-ordinator
- Participate in Summer Staff training sessions and team meetings
- Adhere to all current health safety protocols as outlined by Camp Management
- Keep yourself accountable to the camp policies & procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Mentour (may include, leading campfires or support roles)
Minimum of 17 years of age
Current NLS Certified, Current First Aid Certifications, CPR-C and AED
Current National Lifeguard Waterfront Instructor certification is an asset
Pleasure Craft Operator Card
Experience with Summer Camps is an asset
Must have current Police and VS Check Applicants and be able to legally work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you want to learn more about this opportunity forward your resume, a letter of introduction, in confidence to Nick Dorazio , Pleasant Bay Camp Coordinator email@example.com