|Date Posted||December 7, 2021|
President – MCC Legacy Trust
An executive search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of MCC Legacy Trust.
MCC Legacy Trust manages development lands and income producing properties throughout BC donated to MCC BC with the designated purpose of generating ongoing revenue to support the worldwide ministry of MCC. Our companies are well capitalized and rapidly growing!
MCC Legacy Trust is seeking a President to oversee the real estate development and rental property management portfolio. The President will provide support for strategic and business planning, including financing, taxation and reinvestment strategies.
We are a group of passionate, smart, dedicated people. We work hard, enjoy what we do and believe strongly in the Mission of MCC.
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches actively serving in 50 countries. Our purpose is to share God’s love and compassion for all in the name of Christ by responding to basic human needs and working for peace and justice. MCC envisions communities worldwide in right relationship with God, one another and creation.
The priorities for MCC are disaster relief, community development and peace building with a focus on uprooted and vulnerable people. Our global programs address water, food, education, health care, sustainable livelihoods, disaster relief, peacebuilding and advocating to address root issues of poverty and conflict. Recent trends find an increase in levels of poverty globally, with almost one billion people unable to meet their basic needs, and over 80 million displaced people who have been forced to flee.
MCC BC is a registered charity that is part of that MCC family with thousands of donors and volunteers in BC. We generate funds for the global work of MCC and operate programs in BC that address refugee settlement, domestic violence, indigenous relations, homelessness, unemployment, child poverty and apartment based services for seniors, youth and vulnerable people. MCC BC operates 10 Thrift stores and other social enterprises and is the sole shareholder of the MCC Legacy Trust group of companies that support the mission of MCC.
- Provide leadership and oversight of real estate developments and rental property managers of Legacy Trust
- Function as an ex-officio member of the MCC Legacy Trust
- Provide support for the MCC Legacy Trust Board in the development of investment policies and long-term planning for donated
- Provide support for strategic and business planning for each real estate development and property management venture as
- Ensure adequate staff support is in place for each
- Ensure that accounting and reporting systems are in
- Provide financial oversight, including financing, taxation, and reinvestment
- Develop the business operations of each of the ventures, according to the mission, values, and goals of MCC Legacy Trust, as approved by the Board of Directors of MCC
Reporting & Accountability
- Ensure that reporting on the financial results is received regularly by the MCC Legacy Trust
- Ensure that the audit and review process for year-end financial statements is planned for and carried out in a timely and efficient
- Be aware of and ensure that any decisions that require approval of the MCC Legacy Trust board are properly processed and
- Review and report to the MCC Legacy Trust Board on potential development opportunities in the context of a reinvestment
- Develop a five-year strategic plan along with annual strategic and operational plans for approval by the MCC Legacy Trust
- Ensure that adequate financial accounting and reporting systems and staff are in place.
- Maintain a long-term plan of the financing, income, and investment strategies for each
- Monitor and report on the business viability and return on investment for each
- Analyze potential donations for viability,
- Recruit, hire, and supervise personnel responsible for the various operations (i.e., property management, development of properties, )
- Develop a set of job descriptions as necessary, for submission to and approval by the MCC Legacy Trust
- Plan for capacity building for future
- Support the MCC Legacy Trust Board to ensure proper governance structures are in
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations, reporting, and
- Support the MCC Trust Legacy Board to develop board level policy and develop management policy and practices that comply with board policies and external
- Collaborate with MCC BC to develop a marketing plan for “legacy donations” directed to MCC donors and others in the Christian community as well as the general
- Implement the marketing plan including the development of promotional materials, meeting with prospective donors, speaking in churches, and representing the organization in other faith-based and public
- Articulate faith-based reasons for giving, provide compelling reasons for giving to the ministry of MCC, and present the case for giving to MCC in the form of “legacy ”
- Demonstrate the management and governance capacity of MCC Legacy Trust in order to build confidence in those who are considering a “legacy ”
- Ensure that MCC beliefs and values are reflected in the performance of all work- related
- Model non-violent peacemaking in the workplace and community through respectful interactions and work
General MCC qualification related to personal Christian faith, active church involvement and nonviolent peacemaking are required for this position.
- Understanding and support of the vision, purpose, and values of MCC.
- Understanding and support for the vision and purpose of MCC BC Legacy Trust.
- Knowledge of the MCC constituency and people in the business sector.
- Post-secondary education in business, finance, economics, or a related field ( for example: CPA; Real Estate Lawyer; Engineer with Real Estate Experience; Urban Planner).
- Significant experience in a leadership role related to business development.
- Experience with property management, real estate development and related regulatory issues.
- Experience with the development of subsidiary enterprises and corporate governance.
- Experience working with boards and familiarity with the non-profit organizations is an asset.
- Strong financial management skills and the ability to develop feasibility studies and business plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex business and economic issues to a diverse audience.
- Ability to network and build relations with prospective partners and donors.
- Good negotiating skills related to regulators, financial institutions, partners, and contractors.
- Effective strategic planner, pro-active problem solver, flexible and open to change.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a creative innovator at a practical level that adds value.
- Excellent inter-personal skills in a collaborative and diverse team environment.
- Approachable, humble, patient, open to criticism, good sense of humour.
- Comfortable using a variety of standard software programs
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Application Deadline: February 7, 2022
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.