|Date Posted||August 4, 2020|
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft and Associates Ltd.
Providence is seeking an energetic, experienced and accomplished leader with a passion and vision for Christ-centered higher education to fill the role of President.
Providence is an academic learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge and faith to serve Christ in a changing world. Providence is a leading Canadian Christian University offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Our diverse Providence community is led by dedicated Christian faculty and staff who are committed to helping students deepen their faith, grow in knowledge and skills and develop lifelong connections.
Over 10,000 alumni lead and serve in industry, government, businesses, non-profits, churches and para-ministry organizations making an impact as schoolteachers, pastors, counsellors, pilots, healthcare workers, and small business owners in Canada and around the world.
The roots for Providence were planted 95 years ago, with the establishment of Winnipeg Bible Training School. While our name has changed over the years, our goal has remained the same: to prepare students to be difference-makers in their churches, communities and in the world. We offer a vibrant learning community, anchored in the heritage of our school and our evangelical Christian faith.
This transformative environment builds leaders of character, knowledge and faith to serve Christ in our ever-changing world.
Accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Canada, our University College is committed to exploring faith and life through undergraduate degree programs in the Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
In addition, our Seminary has been fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) since 1972. One of the seminary’s most popular programs is a Master of Arts (MA) in Counselling Psychology available on our Otterburne campus or our Calgary extension site. Students have the flexibility to study online, through directed study, hybrid and modular coursework.
A Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition, Providence teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
To be identified among Canada’s foremost Christian universities as a learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge and faith to serve Christ in a changing world.
We affirm the essential doctrines of the Christian faith as held by evangelicals. These doctrines are defined in more detail in our Statement of Faith.
Diversity of Thought:
We invite, encourage, and listen carefully to different voices and opinions, all in the service of strengthening and clarifying our faith.
We support and strengthen one another in study and spirit, because we learn and grow better together.
We recognize that faith is a journey. We encourage our students to explore and develop their faith perspective.
We hold all programs to rigorous academic standards.
Providence is nestled in a quiet, prairie community, 30 minutes from Winnipeg. Located close to the geographical center of Canada, Providence is easily accessible. Since 1970, Providence has occupied a beautiful 100-acre campus in Otterburne, MB. The campus is an attractive rural setting beside a river shaded by towering elm trees and dominated by the main building’s historic bell tower.
The largest city in the Canadian Prairies, Winnipeg is culturally diverse with over a hundred languages and nationalities represented throughout the region. Winnipeg’s friendly and welcoming reputation is one of the main attractions to newcomers. It is known for its cultural achievements and flourishing arts scene as well as its green spaces and access to outdoor activities with the province boasting over 100,000 lakes!
Housing prices in the region are among the lowest in Canada, making it an ideal location for first time home buyers and seasoned professionals.
Providence is seeking an energetic, experienced and accomplished leader with a passion and vision for Christ-centered higher education to fill the role of President. The President is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Providence, appointed by the Board and reports to the Chair for general supervision and direction. The President is accountable to the Board for the management of the strategic and operational agenda of the institution and is responsible for the execution of the Board’s directives and policies to fulfill the mission of Providence. The President has full operating responsibility for and authority over Providence, working within the limits of the constitution, bylaws, policies and regulations established by the Board.
The new president will lead Providence in the fulfillment of its mission, vision and values, positioning Providence to thrive now and in the future. The President will lead the institution in developing and maintaining an educational community of outstanding reputation that will have an impact in the Kingdom of God by creating a legacy of Christian leadership for the Church and society. The President will play an active role in casting vision for the institution and developing strong relationships with Providence’s diverse community of stakeholders. Enhancing the visibility, reputation and market position of Providence regionally, nationally and internationally will be key to the President’s role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The President will:
- Lead Providence in the fulfillment of its mission, vision, and values, positioning Providence to thrive now and in the future.
- Act as CEO, providing leadership and vision to a team of senior administrators.
- Give spiritual leadership to the Providence community.
- Assume responsibility for identifying and securing all resources and advancement of the mission of Providence.
- Commit to and be inspired by the mission, vision and values of Providence University College and Theological Seminary.
- Act as a mature Christian leader whose personal theology and Christian practice are in harmony with the Providence Covenant of Faith and Covenant of Community Life.
- Uphold a Christian lifestyle that is consistent with the prevailing norms of the broader evangelical community and the Providence constituency.
- Have the highest advanced degree in one’s field.
- Excel at engaging stakeholders, developing new partnerships, inviting philanthropic gifts, identifying and nurturing key strategic relationships, and enhancing the visibility, reputation, and market position of Providence regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Have expertise in the business of Higher-Education, especially Christian Higher Education, with understanding across the disciplines of Academics, Student Development and Athletics, Enrollment, and External Relations.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills that will inspire confidence of peers, donors, constituents, churches, government agencies, and businesses alike.
- Demonstrate capacity in developing and sustaining productive alliances with both cooperating and competing organizations.
LOCATION: Otterburne, MB
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 12, 2020
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of application.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete Opportunity Profile is available upon request.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.