|Date Posted||January 11, 2023|
The Production Manager prayerfully works under the guidance of the Director of Worship and oversees a large volunteer contingent to ensure the highest quality productions involving MET ministries, with a primary focus on the production of the Sunday Services. The manager undertakes his duties with a demonstrative heart for production excellence for all our Word-based ministries.
Experience and Education
The incumbent will have at least 2 years demonstrated experience in working in a large church production ministry, and in in successfully mobilizing, equipping and encouraging large volunteer teams for large production initiatives.
The incumbent should be a mature Christian with a demonstrated pastoral heart for production excellence. The incumbent must be willing to become a Met member in good standing.
Role and Responsibilities
Planning (20% of time): The Production Manager plans all audio and video initiatives at The Met to be exemplary in quality. Planning for this includes:
- Ensuring there is optimum audio and video equipment for filming throughout the church;
- Ensuring there is a permanent well-equipped, high-quality studio for audio and video needs;
- Ensuring our equipment is update to date and functioning well;
- Ensuring back-up plans are in place and communicated to all on the tech teams to mitigate any disruption in the production;
- Ensuring our staging, including screens, are visually pleasing and complimentary to our approach to gospel presentation; and,
- Ensuring The Met is a church leader for all audio / video output.
Audio Video Production (40% of time): The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of the production of Sunday services, weekly ministries production and broadcasts, and special events in collaboration with the Worship Pastor:
- Meets with the Director of Worship to receive direction regarding upcoming services;
- Participates in the creation of the PCO service elements and timing under the direction of the Director of Worship;
- Ensures equipment (mics, props) for all participants is functioning well and that backup plans are in place and well understood;
- Ensures lighting, audio and video elements are clear, concise and easy to understand;
- Oversees production of the Sunday service broadcast and determines which service to upload upon consulting with the lead pastor; and,
- Uploads Sunday services in a timely manner with high excellence.
Volunteer Mobilization (20% of time): The Production Manager is responsible for the volunteer tech teams to assist in the Sunday services and in the weekly ministry events:
- Creating and scheduling volunteer tech teams for the Sunday services and weekly ministry events;
- Building tech teams across ministries as well as for Sundays;
- Developing teams across ministries before they are asked to volunteer on Sundays;
- Training events and refreshers; and,
- Providing ministry teaching moments for the volunteers.
MET Ministry Media Ministry (20% of time):
- Sunday service vignettes (e.g. Discipleship Moments, Ministry spotlights, Missionary updates, special events);
- Social media; and,
- Timothy Trust.
The position is full-time and includes Sundays as a regular day of work. Please advise us of any accessibility-related accommodation in your cover letter (or email). Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed but only qualified candidates will be contacted.