|Date Posted||December 13, 2022|
- Two-year term
- Living on-site (housing provided)
About Crane Lake Discovery Camp
Crane Lake Discovery Camp is a therapeutic wilderness camp for boys aged 10-15 near Mactier, Ontario. Our intensive program helps boys discover life skills for a better future. Since 2005, we have impacted the lives of over 250 boys in our summer camp. We are shifting to a year-round program in 2023, opening our doors to boys who are not thriving in the traditional education system. Joining us now, you can both join an established program and be part of pioneering the year-round program.
About this role
The Program Director oversees the camper Program, ensuring it meets its therapeutic and educational goals. This is a significant leadership and supervisory role, providing training, mentorship, direction, and resources to Counsellors, Group Work Supervisor, and campers for both therapeutic and academic goals.
- Create schedules for camp session, staff schedules, laundry schedule, camp themes, trips.
- Oversight of educational program.
- Oversight of camp themes.
- Oversight of trips and goal planning.
- Training and overall supervision of counsellors and supervisor.
- Oversight of spiritual activities (Wednesday, Sunday chapels).
Skills and Qualifications
- Mature, dedicated Christian, spiritual leader
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to train and supervise counsellors
- Ability to oversee educational program.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Committed to building & maintaining healthy family relationships
- Sensitivity to the individual needs of people
- Ability to project hope during difficult situations
- Be able to work some evenings and weekends to ensure program objectives are met
- Ability to analyze and assess program needs
- Ability to take initiative and lead
- Physically fit, love of the outdoors
Why you should work at Crane Lake Discovery Camp
- Team. You like to live and work with other amazing people. We are a small community on a mission – to help boys achieve their potential through our therapeutic wilderness camp. We run as a team and work together.
- Wilderness. You love being in the great outdoors. You love canoeing, fishing, swimming, camping, building campfires.
- Meaning. You want your life to make a difference. You want to work with people and see the impact of your efforts.
- Faith. You want to put your faith into action. You have a strong relationship with God, and you want to walk each day with God and take a risk for him. You know his love, and you want to help others know him too.
- Pioneer. You like to have a voice in your work, and to innovate and create. A cubicle isn’t your thing; you are in your element faced with a difficult problem and finding a way to solve it. You think outside the box.
How to Apply
Closing date is January 31, 2023. Position starts spring/summer 2023.