|Location||8 Pioneer Avenue, Huntsville, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2022|
Muskoka Bible Centre
Job Title: Program Director: Widjiitiwin
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Starting Date: September, 2022
Salary Range: competitive, career-oriented package with benefits
Summary Job Description
Reporting to the MBC Director of Ministry, the Program Director of Widjiitiwin will be responsible to develop and implement experiences that will positively impact families living in marginalised communities, in alignment with the MBC mission of growing resilient, biblically rooted families.
Key areas of accountability include: Program Experiences (design, development, execution and measurement), Partnership Relationships, Leadership and Team Development, Donor Development and Administration.
The initial plan for this program has been established and will provide the starting point for execution in 2023. Working closely with existing partners in five inner city communities, the initial priority of this role will be to plan and implement 5 weeks of summer youth camp at the Camp Widjiitiwin site in 2023.
Over time this program will expand beyond these five weeks of summer camp to coordinate outreach ministry in marginalised communities in consideration of other MBC experiences/programming. This Director will also facilitate outreach mission experiences for the MBC Interns (Sept - Dec, Jan - Apr) in coordination with the Director of Youth Discipleship. Other opportunities for team member and guest engagement will be explored. A key priority of this program over time is to give the MBC guest families a meaningful and impactful opportunity to express the compassion and mercy of Christ to those less fortunate than themselves.
The program will be largely supported by donations and it will be the responsibility of this Director to plan an annual budget and raise the funds required to support the program, in coordination with and support of the Director of Ministry and CEO of MBC.
Building and developing a passionate and competent team of volunteers and staff will be a priority of this role. Effective recruitment, training/development and leadership of this team will be done in coordination with our partners and other MBC Team members. Developing strategic partnerships for recruitment (e.g. internships, co-ops, etc.) will be critical.
This Director will build positive relationships with each partner, including investing time in these communities to better understand each partner and community, determining how Widjiitiwin can best support the strategic priorities and opportunities of each community.
This Director will function as part of the MBC Management Team and work in coordination with other experiences and departments to ensure positive team relationships and a well synchronised execution of Widjiitiwin experiences.
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, consistently modelling leadership and character that is biblically-rooted and gospel-centred.
- Leadership - strategic planning, team development, partnership relationships, donor development and budget and systems management;
- Professional in conduct and appearance;
- An effective communicator - casting vision, ideas, principles, etc.
- High conflict resolution skills and experience;
- A Problem Solver, Innovative;
- Guest Focused;
- A sense of presence, able to inspire and generate the respect of other team members and partners;
- Quick on feet, quick responding and able to handle crises, change management;
- Able to connect effectively with guests of ALL ages (seniors to children);
- Work across gender lines - supporting both male and female team members, partners, guests;
- A heart for encouraging youth and families in their life/faith journey - especially those who are marginalized for various reasons.
Core Job Requirements
- Full-time commitment, year round
- Live onsite at Camp Widjiitiwin from end June to end August (some breaks possible during the summer)
- Frequent contact with partners with a ‘presence’ in their communities
- Reporting to the MBC Director of Ministry with some accountability to the partnership task force (consisting of the five partners).
Send Resume/CV to email@example.com / 705.789.0123