|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2022|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a full-time, permanent Property Services Worker to carry out maintenance and repairs to the five (5) YSM buildings and facilities (except IT, phones, audio-visual & specialist equipment), in a manner that demonstrates the Christian faith. This position will also be required to help pick up and deliver donations and/or drive the vehicle(s), move furniture, set up for meetings, clean up debris and garbage around the property & entrances, take out garbage, and shovel snow and salt.
- To repair all fixtures and furniture, repair and/or replace mechanical equipment such as fans, motors, pumps and valves, adjust doors, windows and such
- To carry out minor plumbing and electrical repairs (toilets, sinks, faucets, lights etc.) carry out small repairs to walls, ceilings and floors ( dry walling, wall
paper, painting, carpet). prepare walls, doors, frames and baseboards for painting
- To pick up debris and garbage around the property, take out garbage and recycling and ensure all properties are clean and presentable
- Help with donation pickups, drop offs, office moves, drive the vehicles as required
- To attend emergency calls as directed by the Supervisor of Properties
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and directions
- Five (5) years working in property maintenance
- Five (5) years’ experience with dry walling, plastering and painting
- Five (5) years’ experience carrying out small plumbing and electrical repairs
- Five (5) years’ experience dealing with HVAC systems
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission and values.
- A police Check will be required
Deadline for Application: June 30, 2022
Link for Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=132
Start Date: Immediately
Your resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: May 24, 2022