|Date Posted||April 23, 2021|
Registered Clinical Counsellor (MA) – Mercy Canada
An executive search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Mercy Canada.
Do you have a desire to be part of lasting change? Do you enjoy empowering women and their families? At Mercy Canada, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to “live free and stay free.” If this resonates with you, keep reading!
Mercy Canada is a non-profit Christian organization that equips people to live free and stay free through Jesus Christ. We provide a safe Christ-centered environment that helps women discover and embrace hope for their future. We help women identify the root causes of their struggles through our biblically-based counselling and discipleship services.
Every woman wants to feel healthy and whole, but many have experienced pain, trauma, or abuse in their past. They may feel unwanted and ashamed and may struggle with anxiety, depression, addiction, or suicidal thoughts. Stuck in a destructive cycle, they often feel that life has become unmanageable.
The need is great and we are growing! In order to build greater capacity, we have paused the residential program as we actively search for a larger property in the Fraser Valley that will facilitate both our residential care program and wellness center. The residential care program helps young women (ages 19 – 30) find healing in a supportive environment during a 6-12 month stay. Our wellness centre is an outpatient program that offers the same programming to women 13+.
At Mercy Canada, we believe every woman deserves to experience God’s love, freedom and restoration from her pain. Since 2010, we’ve helped over 200 women find hope and healing through our Christ-centered wellness centre and residential care program.
Here’s how we do it:
- We create safe spaces for women to heal.
- We provide biblically-based counselling through our Christ-centered wellness centre and residential care program.
- We empower women through life skills training & transitional care.
Mercy Canada operates on three Guiding Principles:
- We care for every young woman completely free of charge.
- We do not take funding that restricts us from sharing Christ.
- We give 10% of all income back to like-minded organizations.
To learn more, please visit our website at http://mercycanada.ca/about
We are currently looking for two dynamic individuals to join our growing team - two Registered Clinical Counsellors who hold a master’s degree. If you have a heart to work with vulnerable women and their families, be a part of transforming lives, and restoring hope, one of the following positions might be for you! The positions are part-time or full-time (some flexibility) permanent, based in our Langley, BC Wellness Center.
- Manage a caseload of 10 women. Prepare for and deliver counselling sessions with assigned clients each week.
- Effectively implement our holistic counselling curriculum
- Provide biblically sound-based teaching to clients
- Assign and review assignments weekly with clients
- Facilitate Group counselling; prepare, implement, review
- Document and maintain confidential counselling notes/documents
- Review intake applications and participate in intake committee team meetings
- Engage in correspondence with clients regarding appointments
- Receive and document referrals for clients
- Educate/empower/equip individuals in the community, church leaders, lay professionals caring for people through our training workshops
- Teach/ Facilitate psycho-social workshops
- A Master’s Degree in the field of Counselling, or Clinical Social work (required or in process)
- Experience in Counselling or Clinical Social Work (preferred)
- Registration with a regulatory body (required or in process)
- Believes that freedom is possible
- Agreement with Mercy Canada’s Statement of Faith
LOCATION: Langley, BC, Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2021
Please note, qualified candidates for this search must be a Canadian resident at the time of application.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.