|Date Posted||July 27, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a ReVISION Partnership Manager to help lead YSM’s collaborative, partnership-based approach to system-level change across Toronto and beyond, enabling city-wide progress in ending chronic poverty by establishing a shared poverty reduction scorecard across the city utilizing our human outcomes based measurement and evaluation system – TIMES™ (Transformation Integrated Measurement and Evaluation System).
Reporting to the VP of Programs and Partnerships, the successful candidate will be part of YSM’s ReVISION Partnership Core Team, which is established to foster and equip collaboration among partners across the city. Key elements of this role include relationship management with YSM’s existing system-level partners, identification and stewardship of potential new partnerships, facilitation between partners and providing backbone support at key events, such as roundtables where YSM partners are convened.
- Provide primary backbone support across the #HP HackPoverty Working Groups and each group’s focus for poverty elimination and systems change efforts:
- Initiate and cultivate strong relationships with partners and key internal and external stakeholders to build city-wide engagement and action, coordinate sustainable delivery models and aid in service collaboration and delivery
- Build the capacity of the PWLE (Person with Lived Experience of Poverty) Leaders and provide support to ensure that priorities they set drive groups' focus and resulting efforts
- Provide coordination, facilitation, and administrative support to Tables and Networks
- Oversee the development of YSM’s TIMES partnership strategy, establishing a city-wide collaboration towards shared goals for human outcomes and accelerated progress towards ending chronic poverty in Toronto:
- Liaise with existing and potential TIMES partners to ensure they are fully prepared and equipped to manage TIMES and Salesforce successfully, including system usage and shared reporting, establishing training and onboarding materials, and maintaining operational supportive documentation
- Continually grow and expand TIMES partnerships by developing and maintaining a pipeline of potential partners
- Facilitate shared learning across TIMES partners through the establishment of a Users Group. Capture insights in reports and communications materials that can be leveraged by the group in advocacy initiatives toward systems change initiatives
- Create and implement, potentially working alongside an academic partner, a ReVision knowledge mobilization plan.
- Participate fully in YSM internal events, training, development and spiritual practices, demonstrating continued spiritual and professional growth to make positive contributions to the team, all stakeholders and our thriving Christian community.
- University degree combined with a minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience and working knowledge of both the social sector and intercultural dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates ease and comfort in relationally engaging with stakeholders at all levels, from CEOs to community members
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills demonstrating a thoughtful and effective style, with the ability to guide group conversation, diffuse conflict and foster enjoyable group work, relationships and outcomes
- Deep knowledge and experience in project management principles, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex initiatives
- Independent self-starter who is comfortable in a project-oriented environment with tight deadlines, with the ability to start projects from scratch and gather support from stakeholders and partners to launch
- Strong analytical capacity and ability to quickly synthesize a lot of information/data
- A flexible, accepting stance towards people, groups and agencies (e.g. sensitivity to other religions, issues of racism/oppression)
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
Deadline for Application: Open until filled
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/204
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: July 27, 2023