|Location||392 St. Peter’s Road, Charlottetown, Charlottetown, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2021|
Faith Bible Church- Senior Pastor Position
Faith Bible Church is looking to the Lord for a full-time Senior Pastor to work alongside the Elders’ Board and ministry team leaders in providing leadership, direction and vision for an established, non-denominational church in a rapidly growing area of Charlottetown PEI. He would need to be in agreement with Faith’s constitution and in particular our statement of faith which can be reviewed at the following link: https://faithpei.com/about-us/what-we-believe/
The Senior Pastor would be the church’s primary teacher; however, we would like to be somewhat flexible with his responsibilities in order to best utilize his Spiritual gifts and abilities which would promote longevity in ministry. Most importantly we are looking for someone in love with Jesus Christ and His Word who is committed to following Christ while serving Him and His people in a local church context. The candidate must share the church’s vision for reaching people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and nurturing believers’ spiritual gifts to fully function in the body of Christ.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must demonstrate how they meet the noted qualifications, experience and education requirements. The successful candidate must meet the essential job requirements.
To apply, please provide a resume as well as a cover letter clearly outlining spiritual gifts, qualifications, experience and education. This must be submitted to email@example.com
Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
Candidates must provide a valid email address and expect communication in this manner.
Assessment may include but is not limited to:
- Board interview in person or via video conference
- Confirmation of education
- Confirmation of experience
- Reference checks including past positions
- Situational questioning
- Review of sermon(s) posted on-line
Minimum $55,000 annually plus benefits.
- Possess mature Christian character and demonstrate a love for God and His Church.
- Be a humble servant-leader as described in John 13; 1 Pet 5: 1-4; 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
- Take initiative and be able to operate independently when necessary.
- Be a compelling preacher/teacher who is gifted in his ability to understand and explain the Word of God.
- Connect and communicate effectively with all generations.
- Possess a deep love and burden for souls.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to empathize with those who are hurting.
- Maintain a strong daily prayer life.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills that encourage, motivate, inspire and challenge.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Theology, Christian Ministry, or Biblical Studies.**
- Additional levels of post-secondary education considered an asset.
- Training in counselling considered and asset.
- Training in cultural diversity considered an asset.
**Education equivalency may be granted upon review of experience and would include a minimum 10 years of experience in full time Christian ministry AND a minimum 5 years of experience as a full time Senior Pastor.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Familiarize themselves with Faith Bible Church’s Statement of Faith as outlined at https://faithpei.com/about-us/what-we-believe/and agree with it in its entirety.
- Be a collaborative team member who will share responsibility with the Elders’ Board in overseeing the church and its ministries. These include but are not limited to children’s ministry (AWANA, Kingdom Kidz), youth ministry, Life Groups and community ministries.
- Provide an account of their weekly activities at routine Elders’ Board meetings.
- Have experience using PowerPoint or other presentation software and computer skills required to communicate electronically with church members and clients.
- Have a passion for identifying and encouraging others in their spiritual gifting to the glory of God for the health and growth of the church.
- Have or obtain government authorization to perform wedding ceremonies as needed.
- Be sensitive to the needs of our changing population and be prepared to adapt to meeting the needs of our diverse community.
- Have or obtain authorization to work in Canada and the province of Prince Edward Island.
Typical Pastoral Duties:
- Attends committee meetings as necessary.
- Meet with the Elders’ Board at a minimum on a monthly basis to oversee the ministry of Faith Bible Church.
- Supervise church staff.
- Prepares and preaches sermons for the Sunday worship service(s).
- Oversees the discipleship of the congregation and is involved in leading courses and classes as needed.
- Leads the congregation and is personally involved in the evangelism efforts of the church.
- Coordinates with worship team leaders regarding the order of service and themes for Sunday worship service(s).
- Is involved in leading weekly Life Groups as needed.
- Is responsible for the prayer ministry of the church.
- Conducts pastoral visits to members of the congregation as needed.
- Counsels families and individuals in crisis as needed.
- Officiates weddings, funerals and other family or formal events as needed.
- The Senior Pastor reports to the Elders’ Board of Faith Bible Church.
Questions may be directed to The Search Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org